Niang transformation

SighClone23

Sep 11, 2013
1) Good for Georges. Outside of Fred, he is now the face of the program and he's earned it. He has done nothing but good things for Iowa State. I challenge you to go look at every player in the ESPN/Rivals/Scout top 100 from 2012 and name me one you'd rather have at Iowa State.

2) I think CF is tremendous. Best site we could possibly hope for as fans. But it blows my mind that the mods allow TwoCoach to stick around when almost no one wants him here. The day I start trolling a rival team's fan site with multiple posts daily is the day my life is no longer worth living.

CornFedIABoy

Jan 8, 2014
I hope he didn't lose his sense of humor along with the fat content. Great basketball player but pretty good comedian too.

During warmups for one of the CCL games he stepped on a loose ball and the crowd suddenly all inhaled at once. As soon as Georges realized what the fuss was he pratfalled to the floor and started hamming like he'd twisted an ankle. The sense of humor is still there.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Georges Fan>twocoach.

Life is far less annoying with him on the ignore list, if only it worked to block people quoting him.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
If Georges can knock down jumpshots, he'll have a spot on offense in the NBA.

Who he defends will be the biggest issue, and I'd imagine he would have to be really good this year on that side of the ball to think about leaving, but it's certainly possible.

Nobody thought Royce was going to leave either. He couldn't shoot, was a tweener, only had one year experience, ect ect and he came out and went in the mid first. That's all that really matters.

He is also an athletic freak with mad passing skills and strength, a match up nightmare, which is what NBA teams are seeking.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA

not going to lie, this response made me lol:

GeorgiaJayhawk23.jpg
Posted: Today 10:39 AM
Re: Georges Niang
star_20.gif
(1 vote)

Fantastic.
Reply | Quote

TrillaTrilla.jpg
Posted: Today 10:46 AM
Re: Georges Niang
star_40.gif
(5 votes)

FarmerClone wrote: Some commented how tubby he was at the end of the season last year. He has commented that ISU asked him to add weight to try and not get pushed around as much in the paint and it kept him from being pushed around, but hampered his game. This year, ISU has more depth down low for conference play and so Niang is working hard to get in better shape. The link has before and after pics of Niang trying to get in better condition.
Transformation
wow thanks for posting. did you oil him up for the after pic?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I guess the people on the KU board wondering why an ISU fan would post on their board about a Cyclone are not aware of tuco?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I wondered how this thread had gotten to four pages already.

Now I know.

And as someone who has done Insanity for over a year and still doesn't quite look like the after pictures, kudos to Georges. There's a lot of sweat and time put in to change his body like that so quickly. He looks great!

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I wondered how this thread had gotten to four pages already.

Now I know.

And as someone who has done Insanity for over a year and still doesn't quite look like the after pictures, kudos to Georges. There's a lot of sweat and time put in to change his body like that so quickly. He looks great!

he's been doing insanity with me. duh.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Can't wait to see how this new body translates on the court. Niang is one of my favorite Cyclones. I really think he could finish up as one of our best players in recent history.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Can't wait to see how this new body translates on the court. Niang is one of my favorite Cyclones. I really think he could finish up as one of our best players in recent history.

Niang's got two years left and he'll be the featured scorer both years. It isn't crazy to say he has a chance to sneak into the top four or five all-time in points scored here. I think he needs something like 20.5 ppg this season and 23/24 the next to have a shot. If he's done what he's done this far without being in top shape, holy cow we could be in for a treat.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Where do you think he would fit in the NBA, a small ball four on some team's second unit? I don't think he has any chance at being a wing player in the NBA.

Boris Diaw type of player. A situational stretch 4.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron