NFC Divisional Playoff Game- New Orleans Saints vs. Minnesota Vikings

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Saints fans welcoming the team home with signs in support of the rookie safety that missed the tackle are good to see, nobody feels worse than that guy.

That's an impossibly tough way to end what had been a really good rookie season. I thought he handled it about as well as he could - faced the media, took responsibility, answered questions. That's more than some guys can manage after making a mistake or having a bad game in the spotlight.

isu2014

May 16, 2011
Oskaloosa, IA
As a side note, who could've imagined Case Keenum's career would take this turn? Gotta feel extremely happy for the guy. This video gives me chills and I'm not a Vikings fan.

isu2014

May 16, 2011
Oskaloosa, IA
That's an impossibly tough way to end what had been a really good rookie season. I thought he handled it about as well as he could - faced the media, took responsibility, answered questions. That's more than some guys can manage after making a mistake or having a bad game in the spotlight.
That's amazing. My dad worked in NO for 8 years and he's told me stories about how that city literally lives and breathes Saints football. Incredible support.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
That's amazing. My dad worked in NO for 8 years and he's told me stories about how that city literally lives and breathes Saints football. Incredible support.

I don't know how it was prior to 2005, but ever since Katrina and then when Brees and Payton arrived that city has embraced the Saints and vice versa. Part of it comes with having a team that's not only good but generally pretty entertaining, but yeah. Good fanbase.

edit: no doubt there will be a few Twitter idiots and trolls and maybe even a few death threats, but from what I've seen so far fans have been very supportive.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: isu2014

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Jared Goff led the Rams to the playoffs.
Nick Foles helped the Eagles clinch a 1st round bye and then helped win a playoff game.
Case Keenum led the Vikings to the playoffs and helped win a playoff game.

All three of these QB's were on the Rams last year when they went 4-12. Great job Jeff Fisher!

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
Jared Goff led the Rams to the playoffs.
Nick Foles helped the Eagles clinch a 1st round bye and then helped win a playoff game.
Case Keenum led the Vikings to the playoffs and helped win a playoff game.

All three of these QB's were on the Rams last year when they went 4-12. Great job Jeff Fisher!
This is unbelievable. Crazy stat.

• Agree
Reactions: xboxfever

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Disagree, he was a long ways from the sideline when he caught the ball. If Williams just lets him catch it and tackles him along with the trail defender there's a pretty good chance he's not getting to the sidelines. Just look at this picture, he's still in the air here, but on the way down and a long ways from the sideline with defenders in front and behind (if we live in a world where Williams just tackles him as he catches it of course).

qw2af5k9vghpw36icchj.jpg

Side note: This picture is awesome

Look at Williams head in the photo. He is trying to lunge at the receiver and is going in blind. That is why he misses poorly, it was an easy tackle to make with proper technique. You can argue he was trying to dislodge the ball. I always hate to see a corner come up and lunge at the lower body of a ballcarrier with his head down and hands at his side. It often works but also results in a lot of whiffs.

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
As a Vikings and Cyclones fan, I all but knew the ending until that miracle happened. I had never been so pumped at the end of a game (besides an Iowa State buzzer beater).....still in shock.

Now time to get back to work and go beat Philly for a chance to win a superbowl in Minnesota.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm not much of an NFL fan (can't give my entire weekend to football and Saturdays are all in)...but man that was one of the best games I've seen in any sport. I don't even know why I turned it on in the second half, I hadn't watched any NFL all year.

WOW

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Disagree, he was a long ways from the sideline when he caught the ball. If Williams just lets him catch it and tackles him along with the trail defender there's a pretty good chance he's not getting to the sidelines. Just look at this picture, he's still in the air here, but on the way down and a long ways from the sideline with defenders in front and behind (if we live in a world where Williams just tackles him as he catches it of course).

qw2af5k9vghpw36icchj.jpg

Side note: This picture is ******* awesome.

You guys can sit here and argue Williams' positioning. I'm just going to enjoy it for the miracle it was.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I've seen a lot of crazy gane endings, especially in Cyclone sports where I am really emotinally invested, but the sheer impossibly of that gamr makes it the craziest game ending I've ever seen.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron