Colorado
Minnesota

Eastern Division:
Indiana
Northwestern
Illinois
Purdue
West Virginia

Think about it. Take our beloved ISU as an example - we have 3 non-confernce games now then 9 games in the Big 12...we have to play OU, OSU, BU, TCU, UT, TT, KU, KSU, WV....That is a pretty stacked deck against ISU, KU, KSU etc...

Geography is killing us. Let's level the playing field. Think about basketball as well.

Give Texas and OKlahoma the finger and let them find a spot to land.

Fire Away.

Last edited:

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
I can't think of a single reason why this is a good idea. I keep trying but... no. Just, no. You think we are going to be able to barter a better deal with a 10-team, brand new league without the Texas schools?

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
That conference would suck in football and basketball. Slightly better than the MAC.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
A lot of bad programs in there. I'd rather stay with some big time programs and get a share of their playoff/ bowl money. It would be much easier to compete though I suppose

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Convince schools from three different conferences to team together after booting the biggest moneymakers...

[video=youtube;4Ru8DMW-grY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ru8DMW-grY[/video]

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
With all due respect to the OP because I do like that idea for basketball.....(fart sound). Besides, I really like Oklahoma and their fans.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Isn't there a megathread for this? Also, people of the internet...no B1G teams will ever, ever ever ever leave the B1G.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Let me propose a conference just as likely:
Iowa State
Kansas State
Illinois State
Missouri State
Texas State
South Carolina State
Cal State-Bakersfield
Utah State
North Dakota State
South Dakota State
Peru State (in Nebraska.....really)
Michigan State
Florida State
Alabama State

Many regions of the country covered, and every school has "State" in the name, so we all have that important deal in common. It's logical when you think about it (if you whack yourself in the skull first).

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I disagree there, yes a lot of those programs are down but a lot of the teams have rich basketball tradition.

Kansas is elite, ISU great, Indiana good, everyone else is average to bad. Having tradition is nice I guess.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Kansas is elite, ISU great, Indiana good, everyone else is average to bad. Having tradition is nice I guess.

Iowa State- good
Kansas State- bad but normally good
Kansas- elite
Colorado- meh but can be bubble team
Minnesota- bad but had top 25 recruiting class coming in.

Indiana- good
Northwestern- bottom feeder
Illinois- normally good but has had bad hires
Purdue- top 25 team
West Virginia- bubble team

Outside of northwestern all those teams can be bubble teams and could go to the tourney from time to time.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
So hand pluck the worst football teams from P5 conferences in the middle of the country and start a conference....got it.