SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
giphy.gif

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Not trying to argue with anyone, just stating a belief. That said I completely agree that it’s about damn time for the season to start.

The second half of the video was nice, just wish it wasn’t couched as some response to what “they” say. I think if you cut out all the stuff about what other people say, the video is only improved.

Honestly, that video was a message to the fans basically saying ignore the "he gone" talk because we are just getting started.

Last edited:

Jerms

May 13, 2011
Atlantic, IA
Maybe I’ve been away from ISU for too long, but that video just doesn’t do it for me.

Part of it is the voice; part of it is that I’m tired of hearing about how others think (negatively) of ISU. It’s simply not important to me. I’m tired of hearing thoughts that make ISU out as the perennial underdog or that it’s us against the world. I’m given the impression that neither our players or coaches think that way.

What we believe we are is more inspiring to me than what we believe we aren’t, especially in comparison to what some general “they” say. I a given the impression that our coaches and players believe they have been winning in the dark all offseason and it’s time for them to prove their own beliefs/work on the field under the lights. That’s what I am excited to see and it is in no way altered by what some random media personality thinks about the team.

I think you kind of missed the point. I don't think they are claiming to be perennial underdogs, although it will always be us against the world (it would be anywhere). I believe they are saying they do believe in what they have done. That they've fought from the beginning to be what they are now despite what others may say. That they've built this program up from the inside. And now the time has come to show who they are and what they can do. The time is now.

I tell you what, that video worked for me. Told my wife to pack the car, I'm ready to head to Ames.

Reactions: beentherebefore

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I think you kind of missed the point. I don't think they are claiming to be perennial underdogs, although it will always be us against the world (it would be anywhere). I believe they are saying they do believe in what they have done. That they've fought from the beginning to be what they are now. That they've built this program up from the inside. And now the time has come to show who they are and what they can do. The time is now.

I tell you what, that video worked for me. Told my wife to pack the car, I'm ready to head to Ames.

Get back to me the day CMC stands at the post game presser and mumbles the words "we have no business beating Texas." This isn't your typical CPR or Danny Mac "nobody expects us to win today" speech...

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Maybe I’ve been away from ISU for too long, but that video just doesn’t do it for me.

Part of it is the voice; part of it is that I’m tired of hearing about how others think (negatively) of ISU. It’s simply not important to me. I’m tired of hearing thoughts that make ISU out as the perennial underdog or that it’s us against the world. I’m given the impression that neither our players or coaches think that way.

What we believe we are is more inspiring to me than what we believe we aren’t, especially in comparison to what some general “they” say. I am given the impression that our coaches and players believe they have been winning in the dark all offseason and it’s time for them to prove their own beliefs/work on the field under the lights. That’s what I am excited to see and it is in no way altered by what some random media personality thinks about the team.

Wasn't crazy about the voice either, but the music helped, and I found myself ignoring it midway through. I loved the focus on the longtime fans, but I agree, some of the stuff about not being good enough was almost insulting.

I'll admit I care about how our university and town and fans and teams are perceived, and I believe the rest of the country is starting to see what we've always known. You can win in Ames, Iowa.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Wish someone would post that video as a link......I can't view Twitter posts on my computer at work.

And I'm DYING to see it!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Really like it and not just for the highlights...that's some powerful stuff to grow a program from within and I'd imagine really putting that into action is more appealing to recruits than we as fans know.

Also, the shots of Ames, ISU's campus, the corn fields, etc. finds a full embrace of the entire culture surrounding the program.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I’m assuming that James Earl Jones was unavailable.
The voice was young, and not a professional. I'm wondering, before we trash the narration too much, if there's a possibility that the narrator was a player - maybe Purdy or one of the other captains?

Last edited: