New Hotel in Ames with Seneca as Partial Owner

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
It's tucked back there a little bit, but another Hotel will only help Ames. Seneca isseeing the rise of attendance, national chains willing to move to ames, etc. smart of him to invest in some good additions to the town

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
Good to see. Ames needs more hotel space. Ames also needs a few more hotel/conference/banquet centers. I assume this one will be too small for a conference center. I learned recently just how limited the space is in Ames to host any sort of event. And the cost is crazy for the few that are there.

jc4cy

Jun 8, 2015
Iowa
Good to see. Ames needs more hotel space. Ames also needs a few more hotel/conference/banquet centers. I assume this one will be too small for a conference center. I learned recently just how limited the space is in Ames to host any sort of event. And the cost is crazy for the few that are there.
As a person who had his wedding in Ames recently, I agree. Your only option right now is the Gateway (they did do a fantastic job though, highly recommend).

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
True but on game days and big events (i.e. graduation weekend) it is impossible to get a hotel. If you don't book quick enough (like my parents did) you'll be driving to Ankeny
That is 8-12 days out of the year. I'm surprised that some of these hotels are able to stay open through out the year.

• Agree
Reactions: nj829 and jc4cy

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
That is 8-12 days out of the year. I'm surprised that some of these hotels are able to stay open through out the year.
AAU is constant. Ames hosts lots of camps, Iowa Games, etc. There are lots of things that keep the hotels busy.

jc4cy

Jun 8, 2015
Iowa
Agreed but wouldn't you say that's MOST hotels in Iowa? I have no clue how the hotel industry works but I can't imagine a Holiday Inn in (insert town here), Iowa is very busy unless there is some "occasion" bringing folks to town.

A hotel in Nashville, Kansas City, Miami, Dallas, etc.. are busy because of tourism and such but I don't think a hotel in Iowa is full more than a handful of times every year.

But, again, I now nothing about hotels except that you don't want to take a black light to them haha

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
AAU is constant. Ames hosts lots of camps, Iowa Games, etc. There are lots of things that keep the hotels busy.
Yes the hotels by perfect games get a lot of traffic because of being right next to the All iowa attack gym. I drive on SE 16th street almost everyday and those hotels are always dead.

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
Yes the hotels by perfect games get a lot of traffic because of being right next to the All iowa attack gym. I drive on SE 16th street almost everyday and those hotels are always dead.
That cluster would be my last choice to stay if I was a guest in Ames. I get the location right off the interstate but the area around it sucks so bad. I would much rather stay in west Ames or near campus.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

SE 16th only has one hotel that I'm aware of unless you're referring to the hotels all the way out by 35. The location of this new hotel is very appealing.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
SE 16th only has one hotel that I'm aware of unless you're referring to the hotels all the way out by 35. The location of this new hotel is very appealing.
SE 16th street has about 7 hotels on it. It's horizontal to high way 30.

Help Support Us

Become a patron