New Commit-Thomas Gooden

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Noticed that the new recruits were one star so they might have been off the radar screen in Lincoln.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I have not heard anything directly that he has committed and he's a very big unknown for the most part. I actually haven't heard anything about him to be honest - possibly just a roster filler.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Terrible pickup. I don't trust the coaches on this one. He needs to be bigger and faster.

Just wanted to say that sometime. I really don't care who we get until they do something on the football field. I like basketball recruiting.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Don't know if this kid will be All-Big twelve or not, but we all know that GC's success is tied to improved recruiting. This is the same for all programs in our situation.

I think the Minnesota program parallels ISU's fairly closely and look what their goofy coach is doing. Five four start recruits and going for more. In no way am I saying that I wish we had Brewster, but how are they getting the better recruits to go to a program in worse shape than ours?

Todd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
some people prefer the 4* recruits, I prefer the 'No Photo Available' recruits...they're more mysterious.

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
only thing i can think of is that university of minnesota is in a bigger city. Anyone remember years ago we had like the #1 ranked saftey in the country committ and decomitt and go to minnesota because of their night life. I dont think he ended up doing anything there though

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
only thing i can think of is that university of minnesota is in a bigger city. Anyone remember years ago we had like the #1 ranked saftey in the country committ and decomitt and go to minnesota because of their night life. I dont think he ended up doing anything there though

I do remember this, and i think he was eventually kicked off the team

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I'm sure the city has something to do with it, but Brewster is known as a recruiting guru. He's a sweet-talker who tells the players what they want to hear (and makes them believe it).

We'll see what happens when it comes to developing those players. I'll take Gene. :)

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I do remember this, and i think he was eventually kicked off the team

To be fair the kid destroyed a nerve in his shoulder when he dislocated it. He could not play anymore and went on to get his education and finish it out. Good job by him. Now if he would have came to the Clones he could have not got hurt and ended up in the NFL. So he made a bad decision.

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
too bad the star rating system wasn't like scoring in golf or cross country, we'd be doing great then.

RE: Minnesota. They are getting a new stadium- horseshoe shaped opening up facing downtown. Not that that should be a difference to a recruit, but it exemplifies to me the diff. b/t Ames and Minnie. JTS is open-ended on the north and south with sweeping views of Maple-Willow-Larch and the physical plant, they have the Minnie skyline and a metro area of a couple million.