New Commit-Thomas Gooden

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Minnesota also plays in the Big Ten, which we all know is the best conference in the country, and the only reason anyone else gets recruits is because of the rule limiting scholarships. Otherwise, every human football player ever born wants to play in the Big Ten. Seriously, fellas, we should be thanking our lucky stars we can get any recruits at all!

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
only thing i can think of is that university of minnesota is in a bigger city. Anyone remember years ago we had like the #1 ranked saftey in the country committ and decomitt and go to minnesota because of their night life. I dont think he ended up doing anything there though

The guy you are thinking about is Brandon Owens. I think that he might have started as a Fr for the gophers. I know that he was probably their best defensive player as a Jr. He got steamrolled on a tackle attempt late in his Jr year. He was caught in an ackward position on the play and pretty much had his shoulder demolished. The injury ended his career.

klerme

Apr 11, 2006

Going even further, if you click on the high school link of the Orlando Sentinel page and then go to Dr. Philips school page, they have an excellent site to get all of the information on Gooden.

He had 127 tackles (67 UA) with 2 Fumble Recoveries and 1 Int. His team almost beat the undefeated Boone (FL) High School team on two separate occasions - losing by 1 and 7 points (the latter in the playoffs). In those two games, Gooden had 19 tackles. As mentioned in the above link, Boone is playing the #1 High School team in the nation, Miami Northwest, for the large school state title this week. In other words, Gooden has played against very good competition, and has shown that he can make plays. I don't question GC at all. Furthermore, if you read the article and note the publicity that Fountain gets in the Sentinel, that can only help to further lay the necessary recruiting inroads in Florida.

Nov 22, 2006
i can't believe he was not reported on cyclonereport.congratulations jeremy on scooping cr!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I miss something? I don't believe Jeremy posted that he was a commit. Rather another poster who appears to have found out through CN. Scout's recruiting coverage seems to get worse every year. Does anyone else feel this way?!?!

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Brewster and Minny are outrecruiting 96 other Div 1 schools....not worried about them, additionally, they recruit the entire u.s. they're recruiting from everywhere....Thats how you build awesome recruiting classes, but, that does not mean you build great teams - (i.e. Iowa, Nebraska).

So, I've identified that the info on Thomas Gooden is accurate, i've even seen it in an article posted today from his area, so the info is correct. Secondly, i've attached a link to his photo/stats for this year....

Here's Link....
Orlando Sentinel - Varsity MyTeam - Dr. Phillips High School, 6500 Turkey Lake Road, Orlando

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Brewster is doing the same thing Zook is doing at Illinois and it appears to be working for Zook.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
anyone else notice the score on the bottom line at the very beginning of the video? #23 Iowa St. 0 Nebraska 3

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I wouldnt really call him a commit since hes a 2008 player. or has that changed?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron