New card based tickets?

• Politics and In-State Rivals Threads - You will notice that you may or may not be seeing expected posts from the Politics and In-State Rivals forums.

Due to the nature of these forums, they have been changed from an opt-out to opt-in design - meaning you must opt-in to see them. Unfortunately, that only changes the default for new registrations. Your selections right now are likely not what you want.

You can opt-in/out to either the Politics or In-State Rivals Forums in your user settings (click for instructions to learn more).

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
Anyone else get these new WBB tickets? It's like a credit card for the season. This should go over well.

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
It looks like you can bring the card to every game and they scan that. Or you manage online if you want to let someone else use the tickets.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It looks like you can bring the card to every game and they scan that. Or you manage online if you want to let someone else use the tickets.

The only part that would suck is if you wanted to send someone 'hard copy' tickets, that's not as easy to do. Some people like actual tickets.

Probably less of an issue for WBB than MBB, with more resales for MBB, and why MBB didn't make this switch.

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
The only part that would suck is if you wanted to send someone 'hard copy' tickets, that's not as easy to do. Some people like actual tickets.

Probably less of an issue for WBB than MBB, with more resales for MBB, and why MBB didn't make this switch.
Agreed. I've got 8 for WBB. I'm going to be doing a lot of messing around online for each game; especially for the people I know that don't understand tech.

• Agree
Reactions: runbikeswim

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Yeah, my initial impression is i don't like the card based system... i have to keep track of it now. Granted I've started pulling down the tickets from online to my iPhone (with the wallet it works great), but I like having separate tickets for each game as i give mine out to family/friends for a lot of games in January due to the kids having basketball games on Saturdays and practice on other weekdays. To me, this seems stupid.

Hope they will be giving out free replacement cards if lost as otherwise this will be a mess. Also, i don't see this going over well with the "older" women's basketball crowd.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Yeah, my initial impression is i don't like the card based system... i have to keep track of it now. Granted I've started pulling down the tickets from online to my iPhone (with the wallet it works great), but I like having separate tickets for each game as i give mine out to family/friends for a lot of games in January due to the kids having basketball games on Saturdays and practice on other weekdays. To me, this seems stupid.

Hope they will be giving out free replacement cards if lost as otherwise this will be a mess. Also, i don't see this going over well with the "older" women's basketball crowd.

Easy there "Francis." Just who are you referring to as "older?" At least some of us are as tech savvy as they come. just teasing, but it’s true...on both counts.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Haven't seen these yet. But I know I need to give two pair to a friend this fall, so can you print those games off your account now? And did they switch because it's cheaper?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Easy there "Francis." Just who are you referring to as "older?" At least some of us are as tech savvy as they come. just teasing, but it’s true...on both counts.

60-something Boxster felt like one of the younger kids in the section I sat in for the overbreak Kansas game last year. :oops:

IJust so it does not mess with resales through ISU too much since that's generally how I get my tickets. Guess people got to understand the system anyway to have do that. I live too far away for season tickets plus I generally bring snow storms to every event I do decide to attend.

stvfarmboy

May 20, 2006
Ames, IA
Season tickets for VB had them last year and this year. I'm pretty sure you can go online and print out a ticket if you are selling or giving one away but I haven't tried that so I don't know for sure.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
I am "old" and I like this new concept. Put it in my wallet don't have to worry if I have the correct or the tickets in general. Parking is the big change with the assigned stall. I got a great spot worry about those who want to park where they used to park.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
60-something Boxster felt like one of the younger kids in the section I sat in for the overbreak Kansas game last year. :oops:

IJust so it does not mess with resales through ISU too much since that's generally how I get my tickets. Guess people got to understand the system anyway to have do that. I live too far away for season tickets plus I generally bring snow storms to every event I do decide to attend.

So you’re saying the bad weather is your fault?

blood94

May 10, 2010
how will this work for people who dont have season tickets and just want to take my child to a game and walk up and get tickets?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
how will this work for people who dont have season tickets and just want to take my child to a game and walk up and get tickets?

No changes just go up and buy your tickets at the ticket office. More of a hassle for getting tickets from people out front because now they will have to print them off before they can resell them.

I know for me personally sometimes I would just leave an extra ticket at the door and tell the usher to give it to someone if their kid needed it probably won't happen now especially if I'm short on time before leaving.

• Agree
Reactions: Ms3r4ISU

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So you’re saying the bad weather is your fault?

Yes, pretty much. :oops: I have the holiday drive to Iowa weather curse. It started in 1978 when I moved to Minnesota. Used to be mostly limited to the Thanksgiving and Christmas drives but over the years it has expanded it's influence past just holiday drives.

Our rainout versus South Dakota? Me driving from Bettendorf to Mpls that afternoon, hadn't been to Iowa since January. Didn't decide to not go to the game till I got to the 380 exit. Parkersburg tornado? Me driving south through NE Iowa and doing a rapid u-turn and retreating north 20 miles when everything south of me started to look bad and evil. Colorado tornado game? Me at my only game in a couple of years.

Good news for you all is that with my parents deceased and only one sibling I don't come down to Iowa that much anymore. ;)

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston

Highly unlikely.

For our Jr. Cyclone Club hillside football tickets (and the card parent passes), I believe it's a $10 charge for a new one if lost.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
According to the email that came after the tickets (which said the tickets were going to be sent) this is to enhance the fan experience. Uh, no, not for everyone. We often give ours away (when we’re not able to attend) and handing over two small tickets is way more preferable than bedding to print them off on a big sheet of paper. I know they can be sent electronically, but there’s a time cutoff for each game after which you cannot do that.

BTW, when did “needing” become “bedding” on autocorrect? Some days I truly dislike my phone.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Help Support Us

Become a patron