New 2015 QB/Athlete Offer with interesting ISU ties

HappyJoe

Jan 21, 2014
Des Moines
I got the ok from the family to post that Joe Burrow got an offer today. For personal reasons I am extremely excited about this. A great family with different connections to Ames and Iowa State. Joe's father, Jim Burrow is currently an assistant with Solich at Ohio. He also was an assistant to Walden back in the day. In between coaching moves at the college level, he was also my head coach for Ames High in '99 & '00. I graduated with Joe's brother whom I still keep very close contact with. He has been keeping me in the loop on "little joe" (as i always knew him) to being one of the most talented QB's in the state of Ohio this past fall. I don't want to speculate on anything at this point but I would love to see him come back to Ames.

Joe Burrow - Yahoo! Sports

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
How many brothers are there? Im guessing its the same family that produced Jamie Burrow...a LB at Ne (I cant even finish typing the word without getting sick to my stomach) 8 or so years ago.

Edit: A quick Google search yielded that Jamie was a senior in Lincoln in '01. Time flies. Also, his hometown was listed as Ames.

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
Joey Burrow appears to be a really top notch QB recruit. I did a quick search and see where he was selected the Gatorade Ohio Player of the Year (this past Fall - as a junior). The stats listed for his junior year are as follows: 218 completions out of 306 attempts for 47 TDs, and 3732 yards. He had a QB rating of 140.6. He also rushed for 546 yards and 9 TDs. If you have time, watch his junior highlights............Joe Burrow - - Hudl - Hudl

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Wow, had no idea there was an even littler Burrow. His dad did coach here but the family were always big Neb. fans.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
How many brothers are there? Im guessing its the same family that produced Jamie Burrow...a LB at Ne (I cant even finish typing the word without getting sick to my stomach) 8 or so years ago.

Edit: A quick Google search yielded that Jamie was a senior in Lincoln in '01. Time flies. Also, his hometown was listed as Ames.

I use to have relations with his long time g/f........I hated the huskers more than anything and that was my revenge lol.

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
Happy Joe ..... after watching Joey Burrow's junior highlights, you have my permission to use WHATEVER influences you have with the Burrow family to get Joey to play his college ball in Ames.

Apr 19, 2006
I got the ok from the family to post that Joe Burrow got an offer today. For personal reasons I am extremely excited about this. A great family with different connections to Ames and Iowa State. Joe's father, Jim Burrow is currently an assistant with Solich at Ohio. He also was an assistant to Walden back in the day. In between coaching moves at the college level, he was also my head coach for Ames High in '99 & '00. I graduated with Joe's brother whom I still keep very close contact with. He has been keeping me in the loop on "little joe" (as i always knew him) to being one of the most talented QB's in the state of Ohio this past fall. I don't want to speculate on anything at this point but I would love to see him come back to Ames.

Joe Burrow - Yahoo! Sports

So the million dollar question would have to be, do we have a chance to land Burrow? I know it's early, but if the family cheers for the bugeaters and with all the other programs sniffing around is there a chance?

HappyJoe

Jan 21, 2014
Des Moines
Yeah I just got off the phone with his brother and promised to make a sales call to Joe in the near future. He did just visit WVU but there are obviously some questions about staff retention there.. I told him that Rhoads wasn't going anywhere.

HappyJoe

Jan 21, 2014
Des Moines
Edit: Thinking more, I guess I should probably just talk to his brother. Even though close friends, I forget about those "rules".

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
It's really odd to read a thread about a recruit that contains actual information about that recruit. I am a little taken aback. Where's the projected lineup w/ and w/o Burrow?

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Wow, had no idea there was an even littler Burrow. His dad did coach here but the family were always big Neb. fans.

If I remember right his dad played at Nebraska too. Quite an age gap between Jamie and Joe as Jamie has to be in his early 30's.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Yeah I just got off the phone with his brother and promised to make a sales call to Joe in the near future. He did just visit WVU but there are obviously some questions about staff retention there.. I told him that Rhoads wasn't going anywhere.

Plenty to like in his highlight video, what a great looking prospect. Any chance he'll camp with us this summer?

DuckDynastyCy

Feb 8, 2013
Nashville, TN
Coach Burrow is an absolutely Class man. Great guy, great father I'm sure. Hope we are hot on his kid if he is anything like his dad, he is kinda leader we need in our program.

ChiefCy

Aug 4, 2008
I know it's early, but if the family cheers for the bugeaters and with all the other programs sniffing around is there a chance? Seriously, would you want to go to the Bug Eaters and play for Poleni. I remember him publicly humiliating Martinez. Franke got the ax with 9 wins and now Bo is facing the same. Fans think they are failing with no conf. championships and not in top 10. Who knows what type of offense they will try now. I if I had a kid I would not want him playing for that hot headed caveman.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Out of curiosity, HappyJoe, playing at Ames…knowing a ton about Happy Joes…did you happen to force a fumble against one of the most prestigious programs in the nation and score a touchdown off a blocked punt for ISU?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron