Nebraska sux

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
"The fact that it sounds like Matt Campbell and Nebraska have talked, unofficially, over the past year about this job. Both sides are interested"

Don't do drugs kids!
How much do you want to bet this is Cyclone Larry tweeting that Nebraska and Campbell's agent have talked getting laundered through multiple people, and is now "sourced?"

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
How much do you want to bet this is Cyclone Larry tweeting that Nebraska and Campbell's agent have talked getting laundered through multiple people, and is now "sourced?"

Ah, the classic news Woozle.

Reactions: Harry

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
It's going to get worse... The B1G is more than likely scrapping divisions when USC and UCLA join. That won't work out well for the likes of Nebby or even Iowa who has feasted on the bottom half of the conference.
Yep. Without divisions the B1G will seem like MLB before 1969. In a good year the Hawks and Huskers will be a 500ish team in the middle of the standings. Pull up the conference standings online and they’ll be 6th, 9th or 11th out of 16 or 18 teams. Totally irrelevant by midseason. At least today they can enjoy a division race every 4 or 5 years with meaningful games in November and a chance at getting pummeled in Indy.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Lol there’s no way that would end well.
No but I could see it happening. Beliema has shown that he likes to hop from job to job. He probably would take Nebby knowing Iowa won’t be open for a few years. IL is a tough place to stay.

CycloneHusker

Sep 20, 2022
BTW, I occasionally post on the Husker boards. Don't judge me, family connections. Anyway, everyone here should read through some of their commentary on their coaching search. Most of the posters are completely delusional, thinking that amongst this list of "candidates" Trev Alberts (their AD) will pick their next coach. They don't understand that damn everyone on that list has no desire to go to Lincoln and that the Huskers aren't a blue blood anymore. They don't understand why CMC would not take the job. It's a good laugh

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
BTW, I occasionally post on the Husker boards. Don't judge me, family connections. Anyway, everyone here should read through some of their commentary on their coaching search. Most of the posters are completely delusional, thinking that amongst this list of "candidates" Trev Alberts (their AD) will pick their next coach. They don't understand that damn everyone on that list has no desire to go to Lincoln and that the Huskers aren't a blue blood anymore. They don't understand why CMC would not take the job. It's a good laugh

they are down very bad.

no matter who they hire it will not go over well. (urban aint coming)

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Hang on -- I though CMC did NOT have an agent. Am I mistaken?

You are not mistaken. He does not. It's a joke. And its funny because so many took it serious.

None of us need to read the Husker boards to know that they are completely delusional. They spread it around plenty. Everything you say here is WELL known.

Tojo1311

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
I grew up in Nebraska and was a kid in the 90’s so I remember the glory days as well as developing a deep hate for the school and fans dealing with their arrogance and delusion.

One of my best experiences was when they fired Bill Callahan. I was at a party with friends and parents after it was announced.

A couple of the dads were just so excited and couldn’t stop talking about how Tom Osbourne was actually out recruiting again in the meantime before they eventually hired Pelini. You know he was going to lock up those recruits Nebraska needed to get back on track and compete for titles again.

I couldn’t help but laugh out loud. I then had to explain why I laughed. I told them Tom Osbourne was in his 70’s, had not coached for a decade, and no high school kid outside of NE would know who the hell this grandpa is trying to recruit them to a school where they don’t even know who they would play for.

The look on their faces as the wheels spun trying to grasp how that would be possible was priceless. How would anybody not know who Tom Osbourne is??

Last edited:

CycloneHusker

Sep 20, 2022
I didn't realize it was that bad (42-7 mid 3rd quarter) so early.

'bUt thE SelLoUTs!'
It was only 42-7 because OU seriously took their foot off the gas. It could have easily been 70-7 by the end of the game. The "blackshirts" were so lost on D it was beyond pathetic.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
No but I could see it happening. Beliema has shown that he likes to hop from job to job. He probably would take Nebby knowing Iowa won’t be open for a few years. IL is a tough place to stay.

I think it would be easier to stay at Illinois than Nebby. Just my opinion.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron