Nebraska sux

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
this is exactly how Kirk F started his career at IA. NFL, College coaching positions all over , his name comes up on every search, contract extension with increased pay year after year. KF is still there after 25ish years.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
They don't understand that damn everyone on that list has no desire to go to Lincoln and that the Huskers aren't a blue blood anymore. They don't understand why CMC would not take the job. It's a good laugh
Today on Omaha sports radio, the two hosts were discussing how much more appealing Nebraska is than ISU. 5 National titles, 3 Heisman winners, every game a sellout, B1G, automatically get better recruits. This is how their fans think, we are the Huskers, we matter, we are relevant, football needs us, we can have any coach we want. Until they can get over themselves, I can't imagine them coming back, and they will never get over themselves.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Today on Omaha sports radio, the two hosts were discussing how much more appealing Nebraska is than ISU. 5 National titles, 3 Heisman winners, every game a sellout, B1G, automatically get better recruits. This is how their fans think, we are the Huskers, we matter, we are relevant, football needs us, we can have any coach we want. Until they can get over themselves, I can't imagine them coming back, and they will never get over themselves.
How to respond to a Husker Fan:

5 National titles <- irrelevant, 25 years ago
3 Heisman winners <- irrelevant, 25 years ago
every game a sellout <- irrelevant, no one cares outside the state
B1G <- partially relevant, but only in the sense of $$$
automatically get better recruits <- just plain wrong.

:)

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
So, it looks like they are going to supposedly "throw the kitchen sink" at Dave Aranda. If that doesn't work they will throw it at Matt. LOL. I guess we will see what happens. Can't see either one going there.

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
So, it looks like they are going to supposedly "throw the kitchen sink" at Dave Aranda. If that doesn't work they will throw it at Matt. LOL. I guess we will see what happens. Can't see either one going there.

I don’t know much about Aranda but I put him in the same camp as Matt career wise. They’re both at a spot where they don’t need to step up to get the attention of anyone anymore, whatever job they want will consider them. Going to Nebraska would be all risk no reward.

Reactions: clonehome

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
The reporting on this is tangling the legitimate with the nonsensical.

Yesterday some Nebraska media was quoting Feldman, who I think is legitimate, and Feldman thought Campbell may not be interested in the job because they are going to be heavy in the NIL game, and that might not work with Campbells culture. But his evidence is because ISU hasn’t had much NIL activity.

I honestly believe the ISU Twitter trolling about NU talking with Campbells agent got cycled through people, and now they are trying to figure out why the interest is apparently not there from MC.

• Funny
Reactions: AlaCyclone

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
The reporting on this is tangling the legitimate with the nonsensical.

Yesterday some Nebraska media was quoting Feldman, who I think is legitimate, and Feldman thought Campbell may not be interested in the job because they are going to be heavy in the NIL game, and that might not work with Campbells culture. But his evidence is because ISU hasn’t had much NIL activity.

I honestly believe the ISU Twitter trolling about NU talking with Campbells agent got cycled through people, and now they are trying to figure out why the interest is apparently not there from MC.
CMC does not have an agent to talk to.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I know, that's the point. Some Cyclone twitter troll said NU had been in talks with Campbell's agent and there was interest on both sides. Then suddenly the mutual interest narrative took off. Now the media is trying to figure out why there seems to not be any interest any more.

• Winner
Reactions: khardbored

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
happy-gilmore-grizzly-adams.gif

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
KNeb can kiss my behind.

I haven't read all the latest in the last week or two, but....

Campbell's not going to Nebraska. Aranda's is not going to Nebraska. both are too good for them.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
The Nebraska medical school is currently exploring options of how to bring Tom Osbourne back to his prime form in the 90’s or create an everlasting zombie Osbourne. K state and Bill Synder have been brought in to consult.
Properly resourced robotics and AI teams could probably get a working robo-Osborne on the sideline by the time they fire their next HC.

• Haha
Reactions: Ankency

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron