***NCAA Second Round: (7) Iowa State at (2) Stanford [Sun., 9:00 CT]***

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I guess players can now drop F bombs at refs, as long as they are at home and it is evident the crew is doing everything it can to protect the favorites.

I mean, we all knew there was no way they would let Stanford lose early again, at home, in the NCAA tourney, right?

Hey, Caitlin Clark has changed the game. This is how.

MR82

Sep 12, 2021
As for Audi. I have a few thoughts. First, she will learn from this. Second, she will be better next year. Third, as I watched the game I felt a big part of her shooting problem was going up with the ball in both hands. It doesn’t allow her to create some space with her other arm. That made it much easier for Brink to stuff her shot. The other aspect of it that may not change is how quick she goes up. I’d like to see her catch and go before the defender can establish position.

The best part? We have really good coaches who know how to develop players.
I understand your point. Yes, Audi needs to create space, but when the defender has your arms pinned/blocked down and preventing you from raising them you are not able to create space. In other space creating attempts she was whistled for knocking a player to the floor-big vs. little. There was no intent on her part. There were clearly too many no calls that took her shot away.
My point is thIs- the officiating was very poor. The no calls on Audi were very obvious. Perhaps the crew last night read the rule book, passed the test, but clearly lack the ability to apply the text of the rule book. This is why the rule book is written and people expect it to be enforced-from a textual and not pragmatic view. As far as the F-bomb incident-if the official heard it, shame on them for not applying a technical foul for unsportsmanlike conduct, ditto for their coach entering the court. Thirty four years in education and eighteen officiating high school sports taught me a lot about my accountability as well as student and players. I am not sure that anyone involved in the game last night learned much.
P.S. I do agree with a lot of your views.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Officiating in the women’s game is so wildly inconsistent. Needs to get better.
I think it needs more consistency and also refs need to quit being beholden to stars of the game. They all get preferential treatment!! Clark, Brinks, Reese, you name it. They all get it!!

Reactions: bozclone

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
From a Stanford fan:

"My heart is only now recovering after an hour drive home post-game. That was an epic battle - 18 lead changes along with 12 ties. Back to back to back "go ahead" shots by both teams in the final minutes of both regular and over time. Foul outs by both teams' best players.

Can Emily Ryan take a COVID year? She was aces all night long and had one of those performances where as much as you want to begrudge your opponent, you can only tip your hat. She nearly carried ISU on her tiny shoulders all by herself. Damn impressive. I became a fan, even as I was rooting for her to miss every shot..."

Thanks for the classy post and what a epic battle between our teams!!

to answer your question, Yes, Emily has a covid year and has already announced that she'll be back. All of us here are happy to have her at the controls and leading our team next year!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron