Name an underrated movie

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
For Elf, I think some people just listed movies they liked.
I actually thought a lot off people did not like it even though it did okay at the box office. The humor fit only a certain type of person.

Last edited:

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
I'll second the OP's Grumpy Old Men, and Grumpier Old Men

Some of my favs:
Fifth Element (already mentioned)
Batteries Not Included
Flight of the Navigator
The Last Starfighter

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
I don't know if it would be considered underrated, but whenever I tell people that this is one of my favorite movies I get a lot of, "I've never even heard of that!" responses. In Bruges.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
King Pin

kingpin.jpg

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
The Insider (Al Pacino and Russell Crowe)

Top three movie ever for me. I watch it a few times a year. Not sure it's underrated though unless you think it should have made more money. It was nominated for a ton of Oscars and was on many top ten lists that year.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
This movie was just on TV and though I've seen it many times, I watched it... again.

The Butterfly Effect

images

I think some people hate it just because of Ashton Kutcher. The whole concept of the movie really intrigues me. The after effects of changing one part of your life. Crazy.
haven't seen it but Kutcher is a horrid actor.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
As others have brought up in this thread already Diggstown, Memento, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch. I find it weird that Memento would be underrated. How long will it take for people to understand Chris Nolan is amazing?

I would add Boondock Saints and High Fidelity to the list. Two of my absolute favorites. Swordfish is underrated for probably the best opening 15 mins, it grabs you by the balls and you are hooked. As far as a recent underrated movie, Dredd was probably the most underrated movie I saw in the last year.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Constantine ( and I am no Reeves fan)
The Fifth Element and the Riddick movies as others have mentioned.

Help Support Us

Become a patron