Idea: Moving In-State Rivals Forum

H

HGPuck

Just a thought and site suggestion. I would like to see the In-State Rivals forum moved off the most recent threads part of the front page (like it is for the Politics and Games forum). I have no problem with it being here, I just think it would benefit from a little less play. Much like the Games & Groups and the Politics/Religions forums I like to read it sometimes, but by their nature they get a lot of posts and are on the front page a lot. Also, I think we would get less flame posts if it wasn't on the front page. Just a suggestion. And if I opened this can of worms, I don't think the front page should be restricted to just Cyclone content but I think Games, Politics, and In-State Rivals are good things to not have on the front page. And I also know that you don't have to open threads if you don't like it or want to read it.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Just a thought and site suggestion. I would like to see the In-State Rivals forum moved off the most recent threads part of the front page (like it is for the Politics and Games forum). I have no problem with it being here, I just think it would benefit from a little less play. Much like the Games & Groups and the Politics/Religions forums I like to read it sometimes, but by their nature they get a lot of posts and are on the front page a lot. Also, I think we would get less flame posts if it wasn't on the front page. Just a suggestion. And if I opened this can of worms, I don't think the front page should be restricted to just Cyclone content but I think Games, Politics, and In-State Rivals are good things to not have on the front page. And I also know that you don't have to open threads if you don't like it or want to read it.

+1

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006

Couldn't agree more. It helps both parties involved.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL

Great idea.

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
I see where you're coming from with this request...but, if it's not on the front page, I'm not reading it (most of the time).

And, I really want to disagree with DJK.

But, if we take too much off the front page, we won't have a front page, and the front page is one reason why this site is so much better than any other site.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Do most not use the new posts feature? To me, it is better than the front page. Even if every thread is listed.

yCy

Apr 12, 2006
There are 22 items listed in the "Forum Index." I think there will still be plenty of topics for the front page. I like HGPuck's idea.

H

HGPuck

For me if I'm on my home computer I usually go to the Today's Post feature and if I am someplace else I usually just am quick checking and don't log on, so I look and read threads off the front page.

Edit: To maybe answer the underlying question better, I think a lot of the people that flame on threads don't use many of the site features to find posts besides the front page.
Do most not use the new posts feature? To me, it is better than the front page. Even if every thread is listed.

Last edited by a moderator: