• Incentives

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Buyout

Votes: 33 14.0%

• Total voters

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I think it goes without saying that regardless of what happens the rest of the way, TJ has earned some contract rework.

1 - What should the new contract look like?
2 - What is the most important of the contract to you?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I think in this iteration, you need to focus on his salary.

It’s been discussed that he is happy to be at Iowa State and doesn’t appear to be shopping around for other jobs (unless insiders know something we don’t). So buyout and length doesn’t seem as important this time around.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I think in this iteration, you need to focus on his salary.

It’s been discussed that he is happy to be at Iowa State and doesn’t appear to be shopping around for other jobs (unless insiders know something we don’t). So buyout and length doesn’t seem as important this time around.

Bumping up the dollar amount helps ward off the "offer he can't refuse" aspect.

Guessing TJ is built similar to Campbell and gets more for his staff before anything else.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
TJ needs to be taken care of obviously, but by all accounts he’s here for awhile so I said assistant salaries

Need to keep high level assistants around. Maybe Kyle Green sticks around for the long haul.
Probably not keeping JR much longer but go out and find the next guy like him

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I don't think any of us can truly speak to his mindset, except maybe for a few people who personally know him. For all we know if he's offered a salary bump he might say "instead of giving me a million more dollars a year get me a million more in the NIL pool". Which honestly I think we are going to see more coaches do as a "bet on themselves" move, as if the talent can be brought in to sustain success more money will follow to take care of the salary component

wintersmd

Jul 2, 2014
I don't think any of us can truly speak to his mindset, except maybe for a few people who personally know him. For all we know if he's offered a salary bump he might say "instead of giving me a million more dollars a year get me a million more in the NIL pool". Which honestly I think we are going to see more coaches do as a "bet on themselves" move, as if the talent can be brought in to sustain success more money will follow to take care of the salary component
This is a good point. I never thought about NIL and Coaches contracts from that perspective. Bump my assistant coaches salary up and give me an extra couple million so I can donate to NIL.

I was going to say give him half of Cytown and give CMC the other half.

Clon3

Mar 24, 2014
This is a good point. I never thought about NIL and Coaches contracts from that perspective. Bump my assistant coaches salary up and give me an extra couple million so I can donate to NIL.

I am fairly certain that coaches can not donate to collectives. That would be a huge oversight if they allow it lol

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Honestly it wouldn't necessarily even be "so I can donate to NIL". It might be more "have the donor who was going to fork out extra to cover the salary bump give that to NIL instead"