Morgan Spurlock, who lived on McD's for 30 days, dies at 53.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Which was more important historically, the veracity of the tale or shining a light on the topic?
I think the general public knew that fast food in general was not healthy long before the documentary, so if he was exaggerating the health effects then what what purpose was he serving other than deceiving the public for his own gain as a film maker? Sorry, I don't see the cause as noble in any way.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
No one is arguing that McDonald’s is healthy, seem awfully sensitive about this subject.
It’s really the opposite. I’ve been chuckling over all the folks getting on their soap box to call his whole career a fraud because he drank while he was eating McDonald’s for a month. Some people seem to be very passionate about it. Never knew people were so concerned over the scientific validity of this documentary from two decades ago!

Don!t worry dude, you can eat your extra value meals with whatever size fry and cokes as you want. I won’t judge you.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
It’s really the opposite. I’ve been chuckling over all the folks getting on their soap box to call his whole career a fraud because he drank while he was eating McDonald’s for a month. Some people seem to be very passionate about it.

Don!t worry dude, you can eat your extra value meals with whatever size fry and cokes as you want. I won’t judge you.
You related to the guy? If so, my condolences.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
While eating McDonald’s for 30 straight days is not healthy. Working there for 30 straight days can be healthy. After working there for a few months in college, I had no desire to eat there for years. The smell would make me queasy. Although, I was good at making basic breakfast burritos after that.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
It’s really the opposite. I’ve been chuckling over all the folks getting on their soap box to call his whole career a fraud because he drank while he was eating McDonald’s for a month. Some people seem to be very passionate about it. Never knew people were so concerned over the scientific validity of this documentary from two decades ago!

I could do that and still be in better shape than you.

• Haha
Reactions: CloneIce

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
  • Agree
Reactions: khardbored

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
While eating McDonald’s for 30 straight days is not healthy. Working there for 30 straight days can be healthy. After working there for a few months in college, I had no desire to eat there for years. The smell would make me queasy. Although, I was good at making basic breakfast burritos after that.
It's the friers.

Reactions: 2122

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

I had the same issue after working at Pizza Hut

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I had the same issue after working at Pizza Hut

Same here for Pizza Ranch.

Spend a night making their boasted chicken and it changes how everything else smells.

At the time though I did enjoy making my own pizzas at the end of the night.

Reactions: 2122

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
If I drank them consistently then I wouldn't be shocked to see green poop after enjoying one.

It is odd, but true.

00102331-0c45-4f38-8bdb-8319c5c4d1e7_text.gif

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
If I remember right, the burgers aren’t terribly bad for you compared to a normal burger. It’s the fries with the corn syrup.
Their corn soup is top notch. Ate it every time I went to China, wish we could get it here.
(or should I put this in the corn thread).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron