More info regarding Ejim

CloneZone13

Feb 7, 2013
I've said before that I'd rather him miss this game than put himself at greater risk for injury later in the season, but as Sunday gets closer, I'm REALLY starting to hope he just goes for it and plays! Miss Ejim so much!

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I think its probably directly misinformation so Michigan doesn't feel the need to play McGary. But I have a small inkling we might see Ejim off the bench for 10-13 minutes of action.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Beating Michigan would be huge for the program; but ultimately beating eiu and winning in Hawaii in December, beating KU and Baylor in January, and beating OSU in Hilton in March are just as important for post-season purposes. Need a healthy Melvin for all of that also...

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Bring him in healthy for BYU. If we knock them off in Provo - Jerry Palm won't have any **** to talk this year.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
A lot of people seem to think that if he plays at less than 100% then he will or is at risk of aggravating the injury. He can be less than 100% and be out of the woods for reinjury. I believe that is the only way that they will even consider playing him.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think the thing that is being missed in this discussion is what Melvin's game will be like. It's a pretty tough task to have your first live action come against the #7 team in the nation. I also hope he plays, but I'm worried that it will be difficult for him to see his first live action against such good competition.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I think the thing that is being missed in this discussion is what Melvin's game will be like. It's a pretty tough task to have your first live action come against the #7 team in the nation. I also hope he plays, but I'm worried that it will be difficult for him to see his first live action against such good competition.

He played better competition this summer; he's not too far removed from that.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

Would you rather have 10 minutes of rusty Ejim, or 10 minutes of full speed Gibson?

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Would you rather have 10 minutes of rusty Ejim, or 10 minutes of full speed Gibson?

Ejim no question but I'd rather have 10 minutes of Gibson for one game if it meant a healthy Ejim for a full year and no Gibson the rest of the year.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
That's obviously not the hypothetical we were discussing.

I'm hypotheticalling your hypothetical though... It's an honest question. If you bring back Ejim at 80% or even 90%, you are putting him at a greater risk of re-injuring his knee than if you sit him for another game or two and bring him back at 100%. If you do bring him back at 80% for mich and he does reinjure his knee, you're stuck with Percy the rest of the year for those 10-15 minutes a game.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I'm hypotheticalling your hypothetical though... It's an honest question. If you bring back Ejim at 80% or even 90%, you are putting him at a greater risk of re-injuring his knee than if you sit him for another game or two and bring him back at 100%. If you do bring him back at 80% for mich and he does reinjure his knee, you're stuck with Percy the rest of the year for those 10-15 minutes a game.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Seriously, what is being argued here? He will be brought back if they feel he isn't at risk of further injury. What % that puts him at is irrelevant.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
A lot of people seem to think that if he plays at less than 100% then he will or is at risk of aggravating the injury. He can be less than 100% and be out of the woods for reinjury. I believe that is the only way that they will even consider playing him.

The comments from the trainer make it sound like they're not too worried about him reinjuring the knee, but they are worried about him favoring the injury and risking injury elsewhere.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
He played better competition this summer; he's not too far removed from that.

Trust me, yes he is far from that. When playing at this level, it takes a couple of weeks at full speed to get your footwork, timing, conditioning and skills close to what they were. If he plays against Michigan, he won't just pick up where he left off, he will need at least a couple of weeks possibly more to get back to where he was.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
As with subjects in a lot of other threads, I'm not going to worry about this because, well…...

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Trust me, yes he is far from that. When playing at this level, it takes a couple of weeks at full speed to get your footwork, timing, conditioning and skills close to what they were. If he plays against Michigan, he won't just pick up where he left off, he will need at least a couple of weeks possibly more to get back to where he was.

Of course he wouldn't be in game shape. But he'd still be a good option for Iowa State. Melvin has been playing for a lot of years and hasn't been off that long.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
On the call in show Abdelmassih said they were optimistic about him playing Sunday. Sounds like he'll at least be suited up.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron