MLB: Molina freak out....no suspension?

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
You have got to be kidding me. You know nothing about Yadier Molina if you honestly believe this.

Leave it to every other NL Central team's fans to rip on the Cardinals at every opportunity. No surprises there... jealousy is ugly.

You're the one kidding yourself if you believe one word of your post.

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
You have got to be kidding me. You know nothing about Yadier Molina if you honestly believe this.

Leave it to every other NL Central team's fans to rip on the Cardinals at every opportunity. No surprises there... jealousy is ugly.

You sound just like a tavern hawk .

p.s. it was a strike.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
p.s. it was a strike.

de0av4.png

You keep telling yourself that.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
It is not surprising me one bit that you have provided nothing with which to back your assertion. Nothing to see here...

He's been suspended in the past for starting brawls, but don't let the facts get in the way of your arguments.

STRIKE 3! YOU'RE OUT!!

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
He's been suspended in the past for starting brawls, but don't let the facts get in the way of your arguments.

The only one I can think of you possibly referring to is the one Brandon Phillips started last year.

Regardless, that is some great, specific, factual support of an assertion that someone is a "thug". :rolleyes:

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
de0av4.png

You keep telling yourself that.

Foxtrax looks messed up to me. It seems to show the pitch about 2 or 3 balls off the plate. The camera shot looks more like it is right down the inside rail or at least on the black at the front of the plate. The catcher actually has to move his glove back in to catch the pitch and MLB catchers simply are not going to set up as far inside as Foxtrax tries to represent.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Foxtrax looks messed up to me. It seems to show the pitch about 2 or 3 balls off the plate. The camera shot looks more like it is right down the inside rail or at least on the black at the front of the plate. The catcher actually has to move his glove back in to catch the pitch and MLB catchers simply are not going to set up as far inside as Foxtrax tries to represent.

The video is misleading based on the angle of the camera, how far inside Lucroy sets up, and how far off the plate Molina is in the box.

Foxtrax was on all game, this pitch was no exception. It was clearly a ball, and Drake had a terrible game behind the plate, which is why I understand Yadi's reaction. But, he should have been suspended.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010

If you watch on YouTube, the catcher really did set up inside (Molina also was off the plate quite a ways. He wasn't even close to crowding, so the catcher could set up WAY inside and not really look like it.). The pitch looks off the plate by more than enough to take with two strikes. He shouldn't have flipped out, but it wasn't a strike.

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
You guys clearly haven't played competitive sports for a while. Guy got emotional over a call in extra innings. Look at his face at the end of the video, he's just upset, no big.

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
That Foxtrax is messed up. Watch every replay online and decide for yourself.
It was an obvious strike.

I didnt start this thread to argue balls and strikes.
I'm just shocked that he didnt get suspended.

Maybe the League has realized that Drake is such a terrible ump that they
wont stand behind him anymore..

My friend Eric Cooper is an MLB ump and a member of this site.
Hopefully he'll chime in with some insight.(knowing him it'll be some politically correct rhetoric) :wink:

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
The only one I can think of you possibly referring to is the one Brandon Phillips started last year.

Regardless, that is some great, specific, factual support of an assertion that someone is a "thug". :rolleyes:

Phillips running his mouth is hardly new. All Molina needed to do was ignore him. Instead he elects to get in Phillips' face, bump him, and start jawing right back. THAT is what started the brawl. If Phillips running his mouth is what started it, then we'd have a lot more brawls on our hands.

If Molina does what you're supposed to do, nothing happens. Forget the trash talk and macho bullsh*t. Kick his a** on the scoreboard.

Reactions: CyFan61

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site

When presented with the facts, you simply choose to ignore them. You must be spitting mad right now, aintchya.

:mad: <--- you

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
When presented with the facts, you simply choose to ignore them. You must be spitting mad right now, aintchya.

:mad: <--- you

Clever.

Funny to see a Reds fan in a baseball thread, you'd think they'd have other stuff to pay attention to by now.

When the Pirates are ahead of you in the standings, it's just not your year :spinny:

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
That Foxtrax is messed up. Watch every replay online and decide for yourself.
It was an obvious strike.

I didnt start this thread to argue balls and strikes.
I'm just shocked that he didnt get suspended.

Maybe the League has realized that Drake is such a terrible ump that they
wont stand behind him anymore..

My friend Eric Cooper is an MLB ump and a member of this site.
Hopefully he'll chime in with some insight.(knowing him it'll be some politically correct rhetoric) :wink:

Really? Foxtrax is off?

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
Clever.

Funny to see a Reds fan in a baseball thread, you'd think they'd have other stuff to pay attention to by now.

When the Pirates are ahead of you in the standings, it's just not your year :spinny:

You need to stop and go to bed. Try again tomorrow. You're really making yourself look bad when you're talking about standings when your own team is not even in first place in a division that is this bad.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Phillips running his mouth is hardly new. All Molina needed to do was ignore him. Instead he elects to get in Phillips' face, bump him, and start jawing right back. THAT is what started the brawl. If Phillips running his mouth is what started it, then we'd have a lot more brawls on our hands.

If Molina does what you're supposed to do, nothing happens. Forget the trash talk and macho bullsh*t. Kick his a** on the scoreboard.

So you don't blame Phillips for any of that? Sorta ridiculous.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
So you don't blame Phillips for any of that? Sorta ridiculous.

Phillips running his mouth is a constant, especially when it comes to St. Louis. As I just said to 61 in a pm, Phillips' mouth is like an electric fence. Molina had to know, or at least expect Phillips to be jawing, after the comments he made the night before. Just like you know that there is electricity running through an electric fence.

What's the number one way to avoid anything bad happening in this kind of situation? Don't be dumb enough to touch the damn fence.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron