MLB: Molina freak out....no suspension?

creightonclone

Mar 3, 2008
Refer to earlier post. Are we talking here about players and former players justifying and enabling player actions?

That kind of argument is the kind of argument someone sits down and creates when they don't have a real argument.

If Molina blew up at an ump, he's out of line. Over the long season, people step out of line and then get back to normal. This probably isn't even a big deal. But the logic that it's different in any way because of the Cardinals' past success is a sham.

Why was Yadi out of line? The ump missed the call. That's an undeniable fact.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010

Big deal. Yes, the ump missed the call. Molina was not justified to go nuts. He comes out looking like an idiot, who got himself tossed over a missed strike call. Showing up an umpire, as a player, is stupid. It will almost never end to the player's benefit. And getting ejected and possibly suspended over a missed strike call? In what world is that NOT stupid, and detrimental to the team?

And as far as "owning up" to my own team's problems: I want Zambrano out of Chicago. Dude is a hothead who thinks he's a #1 when he's really a #3 at best. The guy's blowups are downright embarrassing.

It'd be different if this were a one-time incident. Molina, like Zambrano, has a track record of losing his cool. Grow up and learn a little self-discipline.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Lets looks back just a week or so ago to see how you react to a bad call (although I'm still not convinced this was THAT bad of a call). What did the Pirates catcher do after the homeplate ump made a flat awful call that cost him the game? He protested some then got out of the way and let his manager argue, with the key phrase being argue. Not bump. No spit. Argue.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I said "if." I also said that I haven't watched it. I don't plan to. It doesn't matter to me whether he was or wasn't out of line.

What I've been commenting on is the idea that people interpret his actions in light of the Cardinals' history of championships. That's the logic I've talked about. Most people don't even think about a team's history when they're watching a game or highlights.

creightonclone

Mar 3, 2008
Lets looks back just a week or so ago to see how you react to a bad call (although I'm still not convinced this was THAT bad of a call). What did the Pirates catcher do after the homeplate ump made a flat awful call that cost him the game? He protested some then got out of the way and let his manager argue, with the key phrase being argue. Not bump. No spit. Argue.

You're not convinced that was a bad call? The umpire apologized and stated he missed the call the day after it happened. If you cannot concede the Braves/Pirates call was missed, I will not/cannot continue this conversation. You obviously don't know anything. Goodbye, Completely Useless By September "fan".

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
This guy has a history of being a thug and losing his cool. He should be suspended for this incident alone, but add in his history and I am shocked he didn't get punished.
This so untrue ................. the reason he was not suspended is likely that he is so well regarded by the umps, at least partially, because he keeps his cool and works with them during games. My wife met him at the STL airport and they had a long chat...........now her favorite player. She was surprised how short he is.

creightonclone

Mar 3, 2008
I said "if." I also said that I haven't watched it. I don't plan to. It doesn't matter to me whether he was or wasn't out of line.

What I've been commenting on is the idea that people interpret his actions in light of the Cardinals' history of championships. That's the logic I've talked about. Most people don't even think about a team's history when they're watching a game or highlights.

Jealousy. It comes down to jealousy. They just talked about it on Sports Center last night. Teams who complain about the Cards are jealous of their history. I think Kansas gets all the calls because they're Kansas.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
You're not convinced that was a bad call? The umpire apologized and stated he missed the call the day after it happened. If you cannot concede the Braves/Pirates call was missed, I will not/cannot continue this conversation. You obviously don't know anything. Goodbye, Completely Useless By September "fan".

I was saying that I'm not convinced the Yadi call was that bad. I said "If you want to see how to react to a bad call" then said "even thought IT (the Yadi) call was not that bad of a call." The Pirates call was awful.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
That Foxtrax is messed up. Watch every replay online and decide for yourself.
It was an obvious strike.

I didnt start this thread to argue balls and strikes.
I'm just shocked that he didnt get suspended.

Maybe the League has realized that Drake is such a terrible ump that they
wont stand behind him anymore..

My friend Eric Cooper is an MLB ump and a member of this site.
Hopefully he'll chime in with some insight.(knowing him it'll be some politically correct rhetoric) :wink:
It was not a strike. And is was definitely not an obvious strike

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA
This so untrue ................. the reason he was not suspended is likely that he is so well regarded by the umps, at least partially, because he keeps his cool and works with them during games. My wife met him at the STL airport and they had a long chat...........now her favorite player. She was surprised how short he is.

I'm obviously a Cards fan. Full disclosure. But I'm not sure where people are getting his "history" from. Is it the Brandon Philips thing? That didn't end well, but Yadi was right to stand up for his team. Philips deserved to be dressed down. What else has Yadi done to earn this rep?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Jealousy. It comes down to jealousy. They just talked about it on Sports Center last night. Teams who complain about the Cards are jealous of their history. I think Kansas gets all the calls because they're Kansas.

This is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. Let me guess, people don't like Kobe because he's a Laker, not the fact he is acts like a baby during a game? People don't like Garnett because is a freakin' cheap shotting lunatic, it's because he is a Celtic? People dislike Big Ben, not because he molests women but because he is a Steeler? People dislike Calipari, not because he's left two schools on probation for rules violations but because he coaches Kentucky?

This has nothing to do with jealous. People can spot a punk *** out of a crowd, and people can make judgments on how million dollar athletes and role models should act. Unfortunately, there are alot of punk *** millionaire role model athletes that play for good teams. What's your point?

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Molina gets 5 games for his little tantrum. There were no suspensions in the Braves-Pirates incident, which was FAR worse than a missed strike call. That should say all that needs to be said regarding whether or not Molina was out of line.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I agree with the suspension and while I disagree with Molina's actions I understand them