Mohawked Kindergartner Suspended

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
How about suspending all the girls in my spanish class that wore thongs and t-shirts that left a several inch gap between the shirt and the pants, such that when they leaned forward at their desk you could see the thong half way up their back?

It's no wonder why I can't hardly speak spanish, it was impossible to learn in that kind of environment!

No crap! I wonder if I could have appealed some college classes for that...

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Actually, the kids are organizing for a jump into France to help libertate the country.

(WWII reference. Look it up. 101st Airborne.)

France? Heck, a kindergarten class should make pretty short work of that. I mean, everyone ELSE has....

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
How about suspending all the girls in my spanish class that wore thongs and t-shirts that left a several inch gap between the shirt and the pants, such that when they leaned forward at their desk you could see the thong half way up their back?

They shouldn't suspend all of them, but there should probably be a weight limit.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
As far as the mohawk, suspending the kid is ridiculous. If the kid had a mullet on the other hand...

MULLET.jpg

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
all this talk about Mullets and Mohawks is reminding me of the hair kids in Spain had... I think 90% of kids in Spain would have been suspended from this kid's school.

Mullets were EVERYWHERE, lotta rat tails too, occasional mohawk, and sometimes combinations of hair styles, it was awful.

And it wasn't just the boys that had mullets...

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
all this talk about Mullets and Mohawks is reminding me of the hair kids in Spain had... I think 90% of kids in Spain would have been suspended from this kid's school.

Mullets were EVERYWHERE, lotta rat tails too, occasional mohawk, and sometimes combinations of hair styles, it was awful.

And it wasn't just the boys that had mullets...

The '80s have returned, apparently, and is making its presence known in Spain...:no:

NIowaClone

Sep 1, 2006
Dallas, Texas
Wow. I'm glad our school systems are allowing kids to have some sense of expression. The way it sounds to me from that story is that this school is killing their imaginations and any sense of self expression. Kids are kids. Let them have the hair they want. Don't suspend them for it. For crying out loud! :no:

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
This coming from the clown with the red and yellow hair :wink:

(yeah I'm one to talk... my college advisor still remembers me for the Red Mohawk I had for a basketball game freshman year)

Aldude505

Jan 19, 2008
Iowa Falls
As was said earlier this is another instance of the school trying to take power that the parents should have. The kid is in kindergarden he's not going to disrupt anything because if you put 20 six year old kids into a room there is going to be chaos. You might be able to get away with this in private school, but in public school you can't discriminate like this without a law suit.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
As was said earlier this is another instance of the school trying to take power that the parents should have. The kid is in kindergarden he's not going to disrupt anything because if you put 20 six year old kids into a room there is going to be chaos. You might be able to get away with this in private school, but in public school you can't discriminate like this without a law suit.

I have to agree with this. The real frustrating things are the "zero-tolerance" policies. Zero-tolerance = excuse for making bad decisions, in my book.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Schools are starting to realize the utter stupidity of "zero-tolerance", unfortuantly it still hasn't quite seemed to have reached the peak of it's buzz-wordiness... hopefully we'll start to see it going out the door soon insted of more schools adapting it.

Some say that justice is black and white... I hardly think it is, especially with some of the zero-tolerance stuff I've seen :

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
Schools are starting to realize the utter stupidity of "zero-tolerance", unfortuantly it still hasn't quite seemed to have reached the peak of it's buzz-wordiness... hopefully we'll start to see it going out the door soon insted of more schools adapting it.

Some say that justice is black and white... I hardly think it is, especially with some of the zero-tolerance stuff I've seen :

I have decided to shave my head into a mohawk before school get out. My class will love it! I shave my head in the summer anyways, so why not have some fun with it before the kids go home.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron