Mod's without Humor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
I think everyone is missing the main point of this thread, which I'm really shocked hasn't been brought up yet. I think everyone that has written on this thread is really trying to make the site better and aren't out to attack anyone personally. I think everyone needs to realize that sometimes you have to take the bad with the good, but it's nice to see that everyone is trying to improve upon the bad and hopefully it will eventually just all be good. But now back to the main point of my post which I feel is the main heart of this thread. Since when has there been humor on Cyclone Fanatic?

cyflyer

Apr 11, 2006
Waukee
I have run sites like this with years of experience. Admin and mod level.

First of all, my opinion is that a mod that slips up a couple times in contradiction to his/her modding duties should be hand slapped and let go. A mod consistently having trouble separating their first duty as a mod and working more so as a power poster should not be a mod.

In regards to mod coordination. Is there a mod only forum that problem threads can be moved to for review rather than deletion? In the past I've used a mod only forum (can only be seen by mods or admins) and threads are moved and discussed instead of deleting them and people can express from the mod group in agreement to the removal. Helps not only keep all mods involved in decisions but also can keep those power hungry mods in check from deleting and there is no way to prove they were in the wrong.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I have run sites like this with years of experience. Admin and mod level.

First of all, my opinion is that a mod that slips up a couple times in contradiction to his/her modding duties should be hand slapped and let go. A mod consistently having trouble separating their first duty as a mod and working more so as a power poster should not be a mod.

In regards to mod coordination. Is there a mod only forum that problem threads can be moved to for review rather than deletion? In the past I've used a mod only forum (can only be seen by mods or admins) and threads are moved and discussed instead of deleting them and people can't express from the mod group in agreement to the removal. Helps not only keep all mods involved in decisions but also can keep those power hungry mods in check from deleting and there is no way to prove they were in the wrong.

That is a great suggestion, cyflyer - and actually one that we just started implementing more fully. Any reported posts are put into a moderator forum, where we discuss actions that should be taken. We recently set up moderator rules (I'm not sure if they're posted for view by all users?) that specifically encourage reporting/discussing posts before acting on your own. This is a relatively young site, though - great ideas like this are encouraged and welcomed!

cyflyer

Apr 11, 2006
Waukee
Modding is a double edged sword. Like Paul or not, the experience here should easily give Paul's sympathy in regards to shutting down the free boards. Free forums are difficult with so much potential for Jekyll and Hyde posters.

Modding methods should always be under review I've found and modding rights (modding ability) should be a privilege not a right (modding is not supported under the Constitution of the United States) ;)

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Modding is a double edged sword. Like Paul or not, the experience here should easily give Paul's sympathy in regards to shutting down the free boards. Free forums are difficult with so much potential for Jekyll and Hyde posters.

Modding methods should always be under review I've found and modding rights (modding ability) should be a privilege not a right (modding is not supported under the Constitution of the United States) ;)

VERY good points - and, as more members join a site, it becomes harder and harder to determine who is a person who actually wants to post, and who is just here to cause trouble (Hawk fans, etc. - hence, your Jekyll and Hyde analogy). The mods themselves all have different methods, too (I'm pretty liberal, for example), so you really do have to keep adapting to the situation!

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
But now back to the main point of my post which I feel is the main heart of this thread. Since when has there been humor on Cyclone Fanatic?

This hurts! All I try to do on this site is be funny. Clearly I have failed you.

But wait... as I look back on my reputation received... I find these:

CTAClone19:34, 4th Nov 2006Good and Funny Link
CTAClone16:42, 17th Jan 2007Good Roast -CTAClone

Have you forgotten that you once thought I was funny? Those reps you left me... I'll never forget them. They touched my heart!

But do not let your heart be troubled. You may forget the good laughs that we once had. So do all who live to see such times. But there is still hope. May you find light in the darkest of places.

You have laughed at me before... and some day you will again! May that day come sooner than later!

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
BEST SITE FEEDBACK THREAD EVER!!!!!

This hurts! All I try to do on this site is be funny. Clearly I have failed you.

But wait... as I look back on my reputation received... I find these:

CTAClone19:34, 4th Nov 2006Good and Funny Link
CTAClone16:42, 17th Jan 2007Good Roast -CTAClone

Have you forgotten that you once thought I was funny? Those reps you left me... I'll never forget them. They touched my heart!

But do not let your heart be troubled. You may forget the good laughs that we once had. So do all who live to see such times. But there is still hope. May you find light in the darkest of places.

You have laughed at me before... and some day you will again! May that day come sooner than later!

There you go, being that typical egotistical Moderator. How dare you throw the positive rep I gave you in my face. I'll never live it down from the rest of the members on this site. They'll remember me as the guy who gave dbronco positive rep. I'm so embarassed now.

P.S. Please don't tell anyone I gave you positive Rep for the post I just commented on.

P.S.S. Nevermind, I haven't spread enough positive rep around to give you more. Now that's Funny.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
dBronco7s, you have successfully proven to me that some MODs have humor.

You can bring some horse posters to the trough but some will not drink the MODs water. We must have a few non drinkers in the crowd tonight.

Our MODS are noted for their humor for the vast majority. Some MODS are also noted for their many threads and messages. Other MODS are noted for freely joining in at the drop of a hat. Some MODs are noted for their long and carefully crafted threads.

Yet, remember they are all volunteer and are doing a service. If a thread is closed, I have seen many agitated threaders reopen a similar question and proceed on discussing. They usually succeed. It seems to me that about 2 threads a week are closed on the average. In the end, the MODs are basically liberal since this is am open discussion board. MOD is short for moderate......

This is a free society and I have not seen people shut down permanently except for poor old discombubulated. Is he reincarnated tonight?

Maybe the website can be renamed Cyclone Freenatic?

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2006
Des Moines
I hate all moderators! They're all egotistical blow-hards, and I want them to act like moderating statues without opinions and hearts! I especially hate you bronco, you just made me laugh at a time when it was especially important to be bossed around or told what the rules are. How dare you! What is this, a place where people can discuss opinions and make jokes and have fun? Oh wait it is...my bad:biggrin9gp:

Status
Not open for further replies.