Mike Pelton, ISU assistant

CHim

Apr 20, 2006
How did you find this? I would not have guessed to start looking there.

ppclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Follow the first link, go to the bottom.

You have to love it when there is a fan board pushing to get Rush Propst from MTV's '2-a-Days' as an OC.

Hilarious!

Lastplace

Oct 23, 2006
sweet..maybe we can now go out and recruit 6-5 290 Defensive ends like Ware, that guy is an animal.

If I was a top D-Lineman prospect in the nation, you have to ask yourself Why Not Iowa State? Chizik as the coach, plays an agressive Defense, you can come right in and play as a freshman most likely.

I cant wait for his first recruiting class!

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
sweet..maybe we can now go out and recruit 6-5 290 Defensive ends like Ware, that guy is an animal.

If I was a top D-Lineman prospect in the nation, you have to ask yourself Why Not Iowa State? Chizik as the coach, plays an agressive Defense, you can come right in and play as a freshman most likely.

I cant wait for his first recruiting class!

I can't wait for his second and third recruiting classes. Not getting my hopes up about his first.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
I also like his recruiting areas for Troy...

North Central Alabama, West Central Florida, Texas Junior Colleges

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
After reading those two articles, it sounds as if we got a real upstanding coach. If he does as well at this level as he did at troy, we might see him moving on to bigger oppurtunities. It seemed like everyone in those articles had amazing things to say about him. Can't wait to see who we get next.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
I really like the men that Chizik is bringing in. Two of our weakest areas in both recruiting and current players are well addressed - OL & DL. Our new OC McFarland who Chizik describes as the best Oline coach in the country and Pelton who has a great track record for recruiting and developing talent. Top it all off and all three guys he has hired are widely referred to as outstanding people beyond football.

Hats off Gene!!! I am like a kid at Christmas....can't wait to find out who our QB coach is, our LB coach...our DB coach.......

peter.bieber

Nov 24, 2006
North Central Iowa
I have gotta say that I keep hearing one recurring them throughout the hiring of Gene Chizek and all of his assistants: Spirituality.

It is way too early to tell if these men will turn out to be excellent coaches. But they all sound like excellent human beings to me. God, Family, Football - in that order.

I think that is something that is going to resonate with the families and coaches of recruits - in Iowa and around the rest of the country, especially in the football-dominant South. The parents and coaches of these potential players are going to know that their kids are going to be looked after, mentored and become outstanding students, not just student-athletes.

Overall, I am deeply impressed and become more so every day.

I really like what I am hearing.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
I really think that beyond the wins and losses we will be very proud of our football program under Gene and the team he is assembling.

Chris

Mar 20, 2006
Houston
Visit site
Same here, very high character men that Gene seems to be bringing on. Mike sounds like a really good hire for an assistant. The excitemnet continues to build. I too, am interested to see what comes our way in the recruitment process...

PolkCityClone

Mar 24, 2006
Didn't like Pelton saying he hopes to learn from GC. He is here as the DL coach, not a grad asst.