Mike Pelton, ISU assistant

rooster

Apr 11, 2006
Yeah, don't worry about that quote. He is going to be coaching the defense Chizik designs so he will have to learn it. Always good to want to learn and improve no matter who you are.

CysMyGuy

Nov 2, 2006
Southlake TX
Didn't like Pelton saying he hopes to learn from GC. He is here as the DL coach, not a grad asst.

Not sure I understand what you are saying. If GC said he wanted to learn from Pelton, I'd understand some concern. What intelligent employee doesn't want to learn from their boss -- assuming the boss isn't a baffoon - which clearly isn't the case here.

How does a position coach get to be a coordinator? How does a coordinator get to be a head coach. Do you think GC didn't want to learn from Mack & Tommy at his last 2 stops?

In my job, I learn from my boss and frankly, I learn some from my direct reports as well. I'd like to think they are also learning some things from me.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
My hat is off to the fans on that board. They seem like a classy bunch.

As opposed to EIU fans?

All these coaches appear to be tightly interconnected. I suspect defense will be our forte eventually. Look for some 21-17 games in three years. Looks like we will be having some potential recruits visiting on weekends for start of conference play. We might want to start to see if scout and rivals has some visits captured in their websites for end of Dec and into Jan. Signing day is early Feb.

Help Support Us

Become a patron