Michigan blog sources stating KF has accepted offer from Michigan

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
This is way off topic, but Ferrari hasn't built a Testarossa since the late 80's.

He may like reruns of Miami Vice and still wear slacks without socks
miami-vice-crockett-tubbs-car.jpg

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
I find it interesting that I live in MI and have been listening to the major sports radio station today. I have not heard this mentioned once in the 2 hours I have been listening.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
I will be in a state of total shock if this happens.

Someone has to give me one good reason why UM WOULDN'T go get Les Miles.

Because Miles isn't leaving Baton Rouge. That's why Bo Pelini is saying he is interested in the Nebraska job because if he knew Miles was leaving LSU Pelini would stay in Baton Rouge and take the LSU job.

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
The Enzo would be the logical replacement for the Testarossa.

The enzo is much more prestigious and harder to get ahold of than a testarossa. Not a very good comparison. The Enzo requires an application and an approval process to earn the right to purchase.

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
That's the big holdup for me. Perhaps they contacted him and he said no, but everything I read leads me to believe he wants the job more than any straight man wants a go with Danica Patrick.
This isn't about why KF would leave and go there - to me that's a nearly an easy decision. It's mostly about why Michigan wants KF.

Perhaps they are "ignoring" the past couple years - if that's the case I can see why they'd want him. Kind of silly to ignore a man's full body of work. I've read in a number of places about how much Carr feels Kirk would be a great choice, perhaps he is having an influence. Tack on a high-ranking official with Michigan having ties with Kirk and it's not that far fetched.

Danica Patrick is the best you could come up with? Really?

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Maybe he will take KOK with him and make sure that Michigan is ranked in bottom 6 in total offense in the country.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Certainly not the best, but the one that quickly came to mind.

I mean, I wouldn't hesitate to down the back stretch with her, if that's what yer asking.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Because Miles isn't leaving Baton Rouge. That's why Bo Pelini is saying he is interested in the Nebraska job because if he knew Miles was leaving LSU Pelini would stay in Baton Rouge and take the LSU job.

They were saying this morning on KXNO that Pelini might not survive the off season at LSU. NU fans are enamoured with Bo, not so much the NU brain-trust, nor the LSU crowd.

neo

Aug 23, 2007
They were saying this morning on KXNO that Pelini might not survive the off season at LSU. NU fans are enamoured with Bo, not so much the NU brain-trust, nor the LSU crowd.

Didn't he kinda get the shaft the first time he coached there (the bowl game after Solich was canned)? Why wouldn't he tell them to **** off? Simply a function of Pedersen being gone?

SlyCy

Apr 17, 2006
North Liberty, Iowa
I am starting to think these are valid rumors.

If they are not true I would think KF would have come out today to quiet an rumors to save his arse in recruiting.

Even though he doesn't have to confirm or deny the rumors technically.... he cannot afford to have recruits second guessing his committment to UI.