Metinka Slater leaving KCCI?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Back to thread title. What is Metinka doing these days? Still see some local news people in the area. Geoff Greenwood is with Alliant. Tina Pothoff is with Hy-Vee. Patrick Dix is with Shazam to name a few.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Back to thread title. What is Metinka doing these days? Still see some local news people in the area. Geoff Greenwood is with Alliant. Tina Pothoff is with Hy-Vee. Patrick Dix is with Shazam to name a few.

Isn't Geoff with MidAmerican?

Apparently Dan Winters went to Berkshire Hathaway to be a consultant of some type. Been kind of curious as to where Andy Garman went.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I get embarrassed for some of the talent on KCCI. It was blatantly obvious the only way Cynthia Fodor got on air was sleeping with the boss. Honestly she wasn't competent enough to work a fast food drive through. That said I really miss Shaina Humphreys. Besides being a complete knockout she was smart and witty.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
She's working for a non-profit that provides services and care for people with physical disabilities. She does recruiting and community relations. She's happy to sleep normally and is finally free to travel on weekends to watch our son play baseball. She's doing well and enjoying her new opportunity.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
She's working for a non-profit that provides services and care for people with physical disabilities. She does recruiting and community relations. She's happy to sleep normally and is finally free to travel on weekends to watch our son play baseball. She's doing well and enjoying her new opportunity.
From her TV vibe that seems like something she'd be great at.

Reactions: Wx4Cy

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

My wife does the same thing.

Reactions: mj4cy and Wx4Cy

CycloneEggie

Oct 28, 2011
Metinka was so much better than Mr. Weirdo Chris Gloninger.
I don't love him either, and my wife and I sort of wonder when Kurtis Gertz retired and they announced Chris as new anchor of the 10:00pm news if Metinka sort of got passed over to be the weather anchor after so many years at KCCI, sounds like from her husband it was just time to move on and focus on family.

Help Support Us

Become a patron