/Meltdown

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I think its fair to say that 24 hours is good enough. It's time to stop battering, bashing and blaming everybody. Time to pull it all together, and move on to next week. We're all Cyclones. Life goes on, stuff happens, we've been here before. Paul Rhoads is our Coach. Time to turn our attention to TCU.

Go Cyclones!

Reactions: InCytful

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Last year I thought we were finished after the Mizzou game. I've learned to keep calm and trust Rhoads. I'm eager for our annual upset special.

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
The meltdown is over our apparent lack of any offense, whatsoever. Not Rhoads, definitely not the defense or special teams.

Find a way this week to get some 'O' rocking, and everyone steps back from the cliff.

Go CYCLONES!

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Win at TCU and you're right back in a good spot. Coming into the season, I would have signed up for 4-1 in a second.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I'd agree but this is the second straight year this has happened let alone the years of not getting over the B12 North hump. Just seems like the nut shots never end. Of course a win at TCU would fix all of this. Maybe it's just my teenage hormones though

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
In addition to the annual upset win by ISU we seem to have the annual stretch of sucking and looking much worse then we are. I sure hope we are not hitting that stretch right now.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
I'd agree but this is the second straight year this has happened let alone the years of not getting over the B12 North hump. Just seems like the nut shots never end. Of course a win at TCU would fix all of this. Maybe it's just my teenage hormones though
I lived through the 15 game losing streak to Iowa, attending 4 of those games. Losses and no bowls in sight in those days. Count yourself lucky CPR is at the helm now. We'll bounce back.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I think its fair to say that 24 hours is good enough. It's time to stop battering, bashing and blaming everybody. Time to pull it all together, and move on to next week. We're all Cyclones. Life goes on, stuff happens, we've been here before. Paul Rhoads is our Coach. Time to turn our attention to TCU.

Go Cyclones!

My first post in this thread was my glass-half-empty side.

First loss is always hard to take, especially if you assume it's a winnable game. I never expect to go undefeated (or even that close to it), but it's still deflating when ISU is no longer unbeaten.

I guess this is still kinda half-empty :wideeyed:

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
I agree. Beat TCU and we are in a decent position to go bowling.

24 hours does change quite a bit. I may have had some irrational reactions yesterday. I just don't like how they do just enough to get you to care and then proceed to disappoint. Oh well, such is the life of lowly ISU fan. Beat OU, that is all I ask.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I agree. Beat TCU and we are in a decent position to go bowling.

24 hours does change quite a bit. I may have had some irrational reactions yesterday. I just don't like how they do just enough to get you to care and then proceed to disappoint. Oh well, such is the life of lowly ISU fan. Beat OU, that is all I ask.
The way that I look at it, they continue to get better. Some of our better wins were against horrible defenses--which Tech's ain't.

So, the "horrible stretch" can be one game this time around. Fair enough?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Go Cyclones!

Right on. I was already in that frame of mind by yesterday morning. Go down to Waco and get a W and all's right with the world again.

Edit: Fort Worth, not Waco. I'm not so good at geography.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron