Meanwhile at Kinnick… what in the hell?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
This thread should be in the cave. I think it's pretty obvious what world events they are protesting. I'm reminded of it everytime I turn on the news, don't need to be reminded of it on a college sports page.

I have yet to see where they say what the protest was for and what the private event was. Until then, I’m sticking with my assumption of the University denying their bid for the LARP world championship to be hosted at Kinnick.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I have yet to see where they say what the protest was for and what the private event was. Until then, I’m sticking with my assumption of the University denying their bid for the LARP world championship to be hosted at Kinnick.
You don't know what it's for? What's the 99.9% of campus protests right now?

• Winner
Reactions: 83cy

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
This thread should be in the cave. I think it's pretty obvious what world events they are protesting. I'm reminded of it everytime I turn on the news, don't need to be reminded of it on a college sports page.

Normally I would agree. However, in Iowa City they are always protesting something. So while many would probably agree its that one world event, in Iowa City it could be one of a thousand different things they are protesting. I was there a few weeks ago and they were protesting some weird thing I didn't even understand. It's like they were all bored and just started protesting and could not figure out what to protest until they got to the protest location.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Except I opted out of the politics thread and now I'm being subjected to politics?

Oh you poor delicate little thing. I can't imagine the horror of choosing on your own to visit a free website, open up a thread as an act of your own free will, and being subjected to something that only tangentially involves something political. Credit to you though-- saying you are being "subjected to politics" got a real life, audible laugh out of me.

Toughen up, fella. This wasn't political at all until you came along. It was 80+ posts making fun of U of I, their athletic program and Iowa City in general.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I'm wondering what was the private event that was held inside Kinnick. Closed football practice, wave practice, offense team meeting, beer bottle throwing practice?:D

Last edited:

ghyland7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2012
I don't know about that. Most of them appear to be Caucasian. And Hines is most definitely a middle-aged white guy.
My head canon is that Hines is that one guy in the student section from a few years back who always dressed like a coach and brought a clipboard and headset to the games. He always made it onto the Jumbotron.

Reactions: khardbored

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I'm wondering what was the private event that was held inside Kinnick. Closed football practice, wave practice, offense team meeting?:D

Probably a football staff Christmas party. Perhaps the protest was that the Ferentz’s were having a family reunion on the athletic departments dime?

Reactions: aauummm

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I'm wondering what was the private event that was held inside Kinnick. Closed football practice, wave practice, offense team meeting, beer bottle throwing practice?:D

There are banquet type parts of the press box that are used quite frequently for various events.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm