Status
Not open for further replies.

mdclone

Nov 9, 2006
Iowa
McAfee has the security rating as green but the content category is set to malicious, so its blocked at my company now, bummer. You might want to look at getting this changed.

clone26

Jan 30, 2009
DSM
www.explorethemetro.com
McAfee has the security rating as green but the content category is set to malicious, so its blocked at my company now, bummer. You might want to look at getting this changed.

Not sure if this is related, but every time I visit the site - at home or at work - something causes ShockWave to crash and I get some funky error message. I made sure my ShockWave was up to date and the problem persisted.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Not sure if this is related, but every time I visit the site - at home or at work - something causes ShockWave to crash and I get some funky error message. I made sure my ShockWave was up to date and the problem persisted.

I've been having this problem for about the past two weeks as well..I keep getting crash reports about my Flash Plugin on Firefox usually about every 5 to 10 minutes...I've just gotten used to it.

Darth Cy

Oct 24, 2006
Ankeny
I am having the same problem with McAfee at work and it just started today. Since it is at work I do not have admin rights to change the settings. Bummer..

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Shockwave is related to the motion-picture ad at the bottom of the page.

Install AdBlocker and you're good to go. I no longer have Shockwave problems.

Yup. I didnt want to run an ad-blocker so i just killed it with my hosts file. Same result though, no more shockwave crashes.

uthaman

Oct 18, 2006
Des Moines
Yep, we all must work at the same place... :smile:

Also, looks like vBulletin has a current known security issue. And this site is running 3.8.6, which is an older version. Time for the guys at the bottom of the page to get to work updating the site. Have to stay on top of those security patches fellas...

Last edited:

cyclones1

Apr 11, 2006
Same problem for me although I don't think the place I work uses mcafee. Is there anything being done about this? The problem just started last week.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
I have webroot internet security. It doesn't block me from the site or give me a pop-up warning. It does block some of the adds on here and has them marked as either 'potentially dangerous site' or 'known dangerous site.' It doesn't affect my computer unless I were to click on one of these adds.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
For what it's worth, I'm getting McAfee reports on my laptop saying this site is malicious for the first time. When I read the site report, it didn't saying anything other than, "McAfee TrustedSource web reputation analysis found potential security risks with this site. Use with extreme caution."

Status
Not open for further replies.