Matt Campbell Big 12 Coach of the Year (Annual Thread)

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
I really don't think the public has an appetite for a THIRD Clemson vs ND game.
Not saying I agree, but they may if Clemson wins, then ESPN will sell it as the grudge game to settle who is the best. Narrative will be that ND wasn't motivated because they knew they were in already. They will find a way to spin it in favor of another game.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and cyfanatic

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I get what you are saying...but realistically I just don't see the committee having the appetite to do that! Depending upon how the game turned out I think it would a 30+ point differential for the committee to even bring it up! The committee will see numbers and there are ND fans all over the country that will tune in to a game 3 in the playoffs. I don't want that to happen...just see it as the likely scenario. I do believe Clemson is a much better team than ND...I am just hoping somehow, someway ND can find a way to win this weekend and then we can avoid game 3!

Yeah don't get me wrong I'm not saying this is what the committee will do but really just throwing it out there that neither Clemson or ND are locks for a bid. ND definitely has more wiggle room but I don't think they can afford to get housed either.

Reactions: cyfanatic

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I just don't see how the committee could drop ND below us or outside of the top 4 with a loss to Clemson! That would be a split between the teams (yes, Lawrence didn't play in game 1) and it would take a ton of reasoning for the committee to defend that decision and they don't seem to want to do that!

I have to agree. The loser of Clemson/ND is going to get the coveted #4 slot for the opportunity to get thrashed by Bama. If Clemson loses I think their two losses still trumps ISU's. The OSU spot is the only one potentially in play and I'm not entirely sure they would be tossed aside by CFP even if they lose to NW to wind up at 5-1. CFP has taken the heat over OSU thus far, why would they suddenly make an about face? It might make a difference if ISU destroys OU on Saturday by 3 TD, but I don't expect that if we have a close game with them they will actually allow ISU in as a 2 loss team. Not the way I think it will go down, but I can see it.

Last edited:

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I have a couple Cyclone friends that will not get out of "we'll never be good" or over critical. Even today, i sent them the awards and I'm like "at some point you have to acknowledge we are good" lol

Good for CMC. Well deserved.....and obviously a good challenge to play like a top 10 team moving forward vs playing the role of the scrappy underdog.

Reactions: Aclone

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Also, if Ohio State plays poorly against NW and still wins in a close game I think there is a possibility they fall out but they would have to look really bad. The fact that everyone has them penciled in with so few data points is an absolute joke.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Campbell probably is a strong candidate for National Coach of the Year too I bet
I present you exhibit A:
131902025_1630839407100173_1423474887450999630_o.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron