Matt and Miller going off about Jamie Pollard

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
"Oh - there's more to the clip... but we can't play it because we had trouble 3 months ago'

I heard the entire interview and I still don't know what they are talking about that they can't play. Did he say "poop"?

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
He said it as a joke people.... It was a dry and lame attempt, but it was a joke.

Lighten up people.... A joke is a joke. He wasn't being serious...

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I heard the entire interview and I still don't know what they are talking about that they can't play. Did he say "poop"?

I'm taking it to mean there were references to the previous tennant of that time slot, but who the hell knows...

This is dumb.

And they are cutting their own throats further with JP, IMO.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
The more I hear the less I think it is anything by JP. It is all part of the "dance". Local sports radio scream, holler, and take shots at ISU/JP as part of the gig they put on. Most AD ignore, JP jokes back. Miller and Matt, act all upset on a slow summer day.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Personally, I don't understand why it is so important for JP to talk to M&M. How ofter does Barta talk to these shows?

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
He said it as a joke people.... It was a dry and lame attempt, but it was a joke.

Lighten up people.... A joke is a joke. He wasn't being serious...

Actually, I found it humorous and well placed. Given all that's been said about his tenure on that timeslot.

I think JP is wise to NOT go on. He has nothing to gain by it. It would be nothing but a tee-off session where he'd have to be on the defensive for his own rep, but also for the athletic departments.

Good move and if I were him, I'd be plenty fed up with all that talk too. Perhaps not the best move. But I'm not concerned by it in the least.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
The more I hear the less I think it is anything by JP. It is all part of the "dance". Local sports radio scream, holler, and take shots at ISU/JP as part of the gig they put on. Most AD ignore, JP jokes back. Miller and Matt, act all upset on a slow summer day.

And drumming up business through controversy.

The more things change, the more they stay the same at KXNO from 4-7, huh? :cool:

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Actually, I found it humorous and well placed. Given all that's been said about his tenure on that timeslot.

I think JP is wise to NOT go on. He has nothing to gain by it. It would be nothing but a tee-off session where he'd have to be on the defensive for his own rep, but also for the athletic departments.

Good move and if I were him, I'd be plenty fed up with all that talk too. Perhaps not the best move. But I'm not concerned by it in the least.

Actually yeah it was funny... Just trying to PC about it since I'll probably **** someone off, and they spend the rest of the day ******** about me.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
In my opinion, Barta has to answer as many questions as JP, but no one talks about him. Why don't M&M get Barta and ask him some tough questions.

KXNO = ClearChannel = WHO = voice of the hawkeyes.

That's why.

What was the big story in the past year or two out of Iowa City? The one where M&M had a "scoop" of sorts, but were told not to act upon it by mgmt. To their credit - they were vocal about it.

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
This is a rare instance where I'm with JP. If I were him I wouldn't give those tools the time of day.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Has Barta ever granted an interview to anyone? I thought he only spoke through press releases, usually about some sort of legal issues.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
I also think Matt is getting a little insecure..(why wont JP answer my calls?) Its like he has a crush on a girl and then he overhears the girl making fun of him in study hall and is crushed. So he screams and cries.

Dino

Mar 26, 2009
Des Moines
Matt's the new guy in town and is trying to make a name for himself. He is more angry that Jamie won't come on his show than a little joke that was made. He figures if he throws enough of a crying little hissy fit it will up his persona or something.

I understand it's summer and sports news is slow but did we really need to spend an hour of this self gratification?

If you were Jamie which show would you go on? Murph and Andy who really seem to be the most balanced sports guys in Des Moines; who you seemingly have a good relationship with. Or the other show who just recently spent entire shows complaining about you getting a contract extension and who's show (pre-Matt Marty era) was known to say things like not selling single game tickets to the Iowa game would be a "disaster" and an "embarassment" and absolutely guaranteed the game would be only half full at best. (Didn't turn out that way wif I remember correct...)

Actually just forget thinking like Pollard. If it were YOU, which show would you rather get interviewed by?