• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Shang-Chi officially announced for Feb 12, 2021 and Tony Leung announced as The Mandarin. That is solid casting and is going to be a slam-dunk for international box office numbers

Official Marvel post:

Last edited:
Reactions: CloniesForLife

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
2021 could be a crazy year for marvel.

This doesnt include spider man's next film, which i assume will be announced by Sony separately. I could see them sliding that into a july 2021 release.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
2021 could be a crazy year for marvel.

This doesnt include spider man's next film, which i assume will be announced by Sony separately. I could see them sliding that into a july 2021 release.

Could be that Spider-Man is a 2022 release. Sony has Jared Leto’s “Morbius” still in production and could rush Venom 2 as well. Don’t forget the sequel to Into the Spidervese.

2022 could see Spider-Man, Guardians 3 Black Panther 2 and Captain Marvel 2.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Could be that Spider-Man is a 2022 release. Sony has Jared Leto’s “Morbius” still in production and could rush Venom 2 as well. Don’t forget the sequel to Into the Spidervese.

2022 could see Spider-Man, Guardians 3 Black Panther 2 and Captain Marvel 2.

With the cliffhanger they ended FFH on, 2 years in between seems more likely to me, especially when they already set that pace going 2017\2019

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
I wonder whatever happened to Lady Sif? Did the actress piss someone off? Or is she busy with her tv show and other stuff?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Also Holland is young but will just get older.
And they've kind of been playing it with each movie passing one year in HS (soph in homecoming, junior for FFH) and the longer they wait the less like a high schooler they'll all look if they want to have it be senior year. And moreso if they intend to keep going through college and whatnot.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Casting a VERY unknown for the role of Shang Chi with Simu Liu is interesting, but I will say this, not only does he look the part but I thought he was the most charismatic actor/actress to walk across the stage. He already made me fall in love with him. David Harbour might have been #2 on the charisma scale.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Natalie Portman as Thor? Yikes.
Yeah, I’m not wild about this. If you want to do Lady Thor go right ahead, but don’t do it with someone who essentially **** all over the franchise. She refused to film a short cameo for endgame so they had to use previously unused footage to make it work. Now all of a sudden that her part is more important she’s one of the family again? Give me a break. If this also means the return of Kat Dennings I’m doubly annoyed.

I would also like Sif to be brought back into the fold, they really haven’t done that character Justice.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I admit to being a little underwhelmed by the announcement of Phase 4. Obviously, they want to broaden the universe to incorporate fresh story telling with new characters, but the announcement had kind of a "throw some stuff against the wall to see if it sticks" feeling to it that has me a little concerned.

They made a **** ton of money off what they've done so far, so they've obviously got some cushion to play with with respect to fans and profitability. But I'd have been more excited learning more about the next Spider-Man, Black Panther, or Guardians flicks given how interwoven they are to the world we've come to know.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I admit to being a little underwhelmed by the announcement of Phase 4. Obviously, they want to broaden the universe to incorporate fresh story telling with new characters, but the announcement had kind of a "throw some stuff against the wall to see if it sticks" feeling to it that has me a little concerned.

They made a **** ton of money off what they've done so far, so they've obviously got some cushion to play with with respect to fans and profitability. But I'd have been more excited learning more about the next Spider-Man, Black Panther, or Guardians flicks given how interwoven they are to the world we've come to know.

I've enjoyed Shang-Chi stories, but how many people, even comics fans, know who he is? Can't be much demand there.

Black Widow should work out for them. People are invested there. Dr.Strange probably does well and watches well.

I don't understand how they think Eternals is an appealing option. Those guys can't even make it as D-listers.

They might discover the line between genius or hubris, or they might pull it off again, but ugh.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron