Mann will transfer

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Lucca definitely needs to work on defense and rebound....Lucca stretches the defense. I know Boozer hustles and hits the offensive glass which people enjoy watching(check the stats, rebounding is not as good as people think)...Whatelse does he bring?

The kid only got about 8 minutes per game in conference...how many rebounds do you expect him to get in that kind of time? If he would have got Lucca minutes, he would have been around 6 rpg. In conference, he also brought an overall shooting % not in the .300's...

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
The kid only got about 8 minutes per game in conference...how many rebounds do you expect him to get in that kind of time? If he would have got Lucca minutes, he would have been around 6 rpg. In conference, he also brought an overall shooting % not in the .300's...
There is a reason...I don't know crunch your numbers on what Booze would have gotten if he played the same amount of time as Lucca...

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
True...BUT we were struggling to find points...Who gives us more points Lucca or Boozer? Boozer's defense is no better than Lucca's.

Points per minute
Lucca .339
Boozer .309
Eik .226
Petey . 218
Haluska .160

Rebounds per minute
Boozer .197
Petey .121
Lucca .092
Eik .072
Haluska .064

Steals per minute
Boozer .048
Haluska .026
Petey .023
Eik .017
Lucca .010

to say that Lucca and Boozer play the same on D is a joke, Lucca does not keep guys in front, does not help and lunges instead of move his feet... At lest Boozer make an effort.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
There is a reason...I don't know crunch your numbers on what Booze would have gotten if he played the same amount of time as Lucca...

you can't take Boozers stats times 4 and figure that what he's going to give you. for one thing, he'd be more comfortable and he'd practive more with the starting rotation.

Lucca looked slow, confused, and worst of all - was a bad shot in conference play. shot selection was poor even when he was on.

He didn't rebound or play defense and he's only mildly better than a big bringing it up the floor.

Boozer might not be any better, but we don't really know. What we do know is that when he was in there he was hustling his *** off and when your seasons in the crapper that's the kind of thing you notice.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Points per minute
Lucca .339
Boozer .309
Eik .226
Petey . 218
Haluska .160

Rebounds per minute
Boozer .197
Petey .121
Lucca .092
Eik .072
Haluska .064

Steals per minute
Boozer .048
Haluska .026
Petey .023
Eik .017
Lucca .010

to say that Lucca and Boozer play the same on D is a joke, Lucca does not keep guys in front, does not help and lunges instead of move his feet... At lest Boozer make an effort.

Gag me...they are about identical interms of keeping people in front of them.

Reactions: goldmember

hi54st8

May 18, 2008
YOu guys crack me up. If a guys doesn't produce 'all confrence' numbers in year 1 or 2 it's time to ship them off. Hell, Lafester Rhodes was a doormatt for 3 years but I was sure glad he was around for year 4! Don't forget Michael Nurse was close to run off for being a pretty crappy point guard his first year hear, but I recall he was a pretty important STARTER the year we made the elite 8......Lighten f'ing up!

Jack & Hilton

Nov 30, 2007
I think most of us like him cuz his name is Booze, who doesn't like booze?!?!?

Good luck elsewhere Clint.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
you can't take Boozers stats times 4 and figure that what he's going to give you. for one thing, he'd be more comfortable and he'd practive more with the starting rotation. Can't or not the result you thought it would be?

Lucca looked slow, confused, and worst of all - was a bad shot in conference play. shot selection was poor even when he was on.

He didn't rebound or play defense and he's only mildly better than a big bringing it up the floor.

Boozer might not be any better, but we don't really know. What we do know is that when he was in there he was hustling his *** off and when your seasons in the crapper that's the kind of thing you notice.

Try attending practice...can argue all day...I've seen both.