Mann will transfer

ETL2424

Nov 9, 2008
NEWSFLASH: Another one of McDermott's players is leaving!! Alert the press! I know it's just Clinton Mann, but all these players leaving is getting SO OLD.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Sucks at passing?!?!? I'd argue he's the best guy on the team at feeding the ball down low! Creating open looks? Hmmmm...maybe there's a reason besides his ability to feed Brackins down low that Brackins spent time on Lucca's side. Maybe it's because if the guard collapses to steal it from Brackins, he kicks it out for either a three or the ball gets reversed. So why would you put Brackins on the side away from Lucca? So when Brackins gets collapsed on by the post guy, Lucca is open on the other side when his defender goes down to cut off the pass to the other post guy.

Yeah I forgot. Cross-court passes and those bowling ball type of passes are awesome. These happen all the time on other teams and in the NBA....:jimlad:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
NEWSFLASH: Another one of McDermott's players is leaving!! Alert the press! I know it's just Clinton Mann, but all these players leaving is getting SO OLD.

Mann is a good guy, but I'll take Dendy over Mann so just deal with it. I suppose you can do better at retaining every single player if you were a coach.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

Yes because we are the ONLY school in the country where players are leaving for better situations. Posts like yours are getting SO OLD.

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
Aren't you just a debbie downer!

and fyi a lot of us get our information from, me for example, a relative of Greg McDermott, and others get their info from friends who have connections with the team, managers, trainers, and even players. imagine that:wideeyed:

In my opinion, we could do without Mann, Eikmeyer, Lee, and Lucca, and probably still have the same record... It just cracks me up when there are people on this board who were comparing Mann to some Dennis Rodman-type of guy, Eikmeyer to Steph Curry, and Lucca to Fred Hoiberg/Detlaf Schrimpf.

Everyone here especially cyismydog and kg-cyclone hype up our players WAY too much to the level of disapointement. Too many of you entrust your faith in some message board junkies and high school kids to update you on these recruits when their guess is about the same as anyone elses.

Let's just take the team for what it is, watch how they play, and determine from there? That way we don't have to be so let down lol...

Reactions: kg-cyclone

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
I'm dead serious when I ask this, have you ever actually played or coached basketball?

Of course I have lol. If you think Lucca is good at ball handling and passing, then you have not watched many ISU games.

The only thing he does well is shoot, and that's obviously very hit or miss.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Aren't you just a debbie downer!

and fyi a lot of us get our information from, me for example, a relative of Greg McDermott, and others get their info from friends who have connections with the team, managers, trainers, and even players. imagine that:wideeyed:

You must be real tight with McDermott if you have to go on this site to get MBB info lol.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Of course I have lol. If you think Lucca is good at ball handling and passing, then you have not watched many ISU games.

The only thing he does well is shoot, and that's obviously very hit or miss.

I think his handling and control will come with time. But I disagree with you, I think he is a very sound passer, yes he made some mistakes, but he had some great feeds into the lane. He puts some english and spin on it to get around a defender.

ETL2424

Nov 9, 2008
Yes because we are the ONLY school in the country where players are leaving for better situations. Posts like yours are getting SO OLD.
You must be one of these clowns on here who thinks there's nothing wrong, everything is just fine, shrug off people leaving, and a McDermott apologist. And to top it off, your a cub fan! Loser.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
I think his handling and control will come with time. But I disagree with you, I think he is a very sound passer, yes he made some mistakes, but he had some great feeds into the lane. He puts some english and spin on it to get around a defender.

There's a reason you don't see this pass in higher levels in basketball. This sort of reminds me of saying a QB is good because he runs the option well.

Also, there are other passes he makes that are NOT in the post. What about his perimeter passing? All of you say he makes good passes because he does that spin to Brackins in the post maybe what? a couple times per game max?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
You must be one of these clowns on here who thinks there's nothing wrong, everything is just fine, shrug off people leaving, and a McDermott apologist. And to top it off, your a cub fan! Loser.

Nothing is wrong with people leaving if it allows us to bring in more athleticism. McDermott admitted he didn't realize the type of player you have to recruit, he's trying to fix it.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

And you must be one of those clowns that think everything is McDermott's fault. You also probably think that Wayne Morgan should still be the head coach as well.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Nothing is wrong with people leaving if it allows us to bring in more athleticism. McDermott admitted he didn't realize the type of player you have to recruit, he's trying to fix it.

Yeah no kidding. Bench players transferring to smaller schools isn't a new thing. We just tend to hear about it a lot because you follow this program closely and wouldn't hear about it at other schools that are followed casually...

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I bet Mann will be disappointed when he opens this thread later tonight. He'll prolly see how long the thread is and get excited about how many people care about him, etc. Only to see 3/4 of the posts are about Boozer and Lucca. :cool:

ETL2424

Nov 9, 2008
And you must be one of those clowns that think everything is McDermott's fault. You also probably think that Wayne Morgan should still be the head coach as well.
All I'm saying is there are an alarming number of people leaving. Both coaches are to blame to some extent. Like everyone else, I want the team to succeed and improve next year.