Major praise for George Conditt

LoyalFawker

Jul 13, 2016
Kansas City
I'm hoping he will come in and push Cam for min's or maybe develop into a stretch 4 where him an Cam switch on D. This year will be interesting, but next year.... oooooh buddy CSP has got a hell of a front court.

Last edited:

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
In terms of upside, I can't come up with a better group of four freshman we've ever had (even if you stretch to back-to-back classes). If you do that the comparison is probably Niang, Morris, Thomas, and Long. While I wouldn't assume this group will have the impact those four had, I think the ceiling is higher.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I'm hoping he will come in and push Cam for min's or maybe develop into a stretch 4 where him an Cam switch on D. This year will be interesting, but next year.... oooooh buddy CSP has got a hell of a front court.

I don't expect Conditt to come in an push more major time over Lard, Jacobson, or Solo. That is a lot to ask for a development player in the Big 12 as a freshman. As promising as his U18 tourney has been it is against other 18 year olds not College Jr/Sr. I'll be happy if he comes off the bench in for ~10 minutes a game and gets acclimated by rim running, blocking shots and rebounding and play if foul trouble occurs. Doing that in year one will show his progress and get him ready for year 2 and to reach his potential.
If nothing else this tourney showed Conditt doesn't need to Red Shirt like some have been calling for since he committed.

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
I think the biggest thing for this year is if there are injuries or foul trouble I feel very comfortable with him coming in for minutes and not having a talent drop off. He can rebound and defend and get the rim running buckets and that is all that is needed as LW & MS will be our top two options.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
From what I have seen, he is super active and has a nose for the ball. Those are hard things to teach. You know who else was like that? Dustin Hogue.

Cyrok

Oct 14, 2009
DSM
I enjoyed watching him play in the PR-USA game. He is much more coordinated than I expected and he did a nice job with passing, blocking out, and help defense. But I don't see him getting a lot of minutes this year. He could be an absolute monster in a year or two with some strength training and good coaching.

isubb79

Jul 16, 2009
I would think it is somewhat logical to think that the lowest rated player might have the highest potential upside.

• Disagree
Reactions: ILikeCy

Gibbon

Aug 20, 2013
Ames
I see him as a less athletic, more offensively-skilled Jameel McKay. Less lobs and blocks, more pop out 3s and post-ups.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
When he signed he was kind of sold as a long term project. But after watching him he seems like a guy that could contribute after next season. Moves really well for 6'11", and his offense is a lot further along than I expected.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
When he signed he was kind of sold as a long term project. But after watching him he seems like a guy that could contribute after next season. Moves really well for 6'11", and his offense is a lot further along than I expected.

Most of what I was seeing as his recruitment heated up between us and Illinois was that he may have the highest potential of any of our recruits.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think he has the upside of a Justin Patton. 6'10 215 out of high school with some good mobility but needed a year or two to gain some weight. Patton wound up taking a redshirt year to develop, and still is a bit of a project in the G League, but developed into a great shot blocker with good skill around the basket and a nice jumper.

• Dislike
Reactions: NorthCyd

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron