Lucca, Booz and Lee

PolkCityClone

Mar 24, 2006
According to the Rag, all three could be gone. I guess they don't want to see what this team could do with Craig back. Hopefuly this doesn't change his mind on staying.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Anyone think Lucca is upset with his performance? The way people built him up on this site, the only way he could have achieved expectations would be to make Michael Jordan look like an elementry school player.

I will probably get lit up for this but so many had Lucca being the savior of the program, way too much pressure to put on a guy that had played zero Division 1 college basketball. No offense to Lucca intended by this comment but if he makes it to the German national team, they will not be competitive with the world.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I would hope that if Lucca left that Boozer would stay, based on getting some of Lucca's minutes. It would stink if all of these guys left.

I loved Lee's energy, but he was never going to see a lot of time with his very limited offensive skills.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Whatever, I get lucca leaving playing pro...but how could you leave a team that has a shot at going to the NCAA tourney. Kids are such wussies anymore all about I and not about team. McDermott said it cleary in the article "guess its a sign of the times"

khess83

Jan 7, 2009
Beaverdale-Des Moines, IA
I think this is a case of these guys seeig their minutes drastically decrease with Craig staying and the recruits that are coming in. I really hope they don't leave though. All of these guys seemed like class acts.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
If all three of those guys leave that'll put a lot of pressure on Christopherson and the incoming guys to step up right away. Hopefully they can do what we hope they can do.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
My thoughts are best summed up by this guy. ->:swoon:

We knew Lee was leaving, but Lucca and Boozer will hurt. We were finally starting to get some experience on the team. If this happens we are going to have to hope that Christopherson and Colvin are ready to go right away. Depending on first year players is never the position you want to be in. I also think Oliver would have been redshirted and would have benefited from it. That has to be in doubt now.

Last edited:

PolkCityClone

Mar 24, 2006
I guess having a significant amount of depth isn't a possibility because every kid thinks they should play 40 minutes. Some of these guys need to figure out they are not that good and are lucky to get a free education.

Reactions: SeattleClone

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
The horse is already out of the barn. For Lucca to stongly consider leaving is telling; it means he isn't "all in" at ISU even if he stays.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Maybe the two year mulligan, and MVC type player experiment for the Big Twelve is really over. Maybe there has actually been a fire lit under GMac's rear.....regardless of his contract extension. Maybe these players can see the writing on the wall that GMac MUST get players who can compete at a high level instead of just playing......and that's not them. Maybe Lucca, along with what I just said, knowing he will never get paid to play in America and with only so many games left on that knee thinks it better to go back home and give it a go. Maybe these threads on concerns about how we can get players like HB, Ejim etc...because of our scholarship situation have just been addressed, and can now go away. Maybe the moon will fall out of the sky, and I am smoking my bathwater.

Regardless...if any combination or all decide to go, I see it as a plus-plus for ISU. We don't want players who don't want to be here, whatever the reason......be here. And we would like better talent than what we have. As big of critic as I am of Mac......I am giving him a mulligan on this. Replace these guys with some studs GMac...and go to work! Let's see if you are as good of a coach as people say you are. And ISU fans, use military thinking......cross of their names---close ranks---and carry on!

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
I don't think the drop off in talent will be that great, but it is a sign of the times. Players right now seem to be saying play me.. or pout..... I'm leaving...

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Suddenly the 2-guard isn't looking so crowded. We could lose Eikmeier, Lucca and Boozer. All three of those guys can get hot from the 3-point line. Lucca can also pass the ball and Boozer can get us a tough rebound, but they didn't seem to do much else last year. Still I'd really hate to lose all 3 or even 2 of them. For one, I don't want to hear any more excuses. I'm also not convinced that any of these guys are cut out to play shooting guard: Garrett, Buckley and Colvin. So that leaves us with Christopherson and how many minutes can we get from him? I'd still like to redshirt Oliver, but that will likely depend on what happens with Lucca and Boozer.

Chizit

Dec 21, 2008
Section L, Row 11
Brackins staying makes this loss a little less significant. It's still a big loss, especially if all three do end up leaving. I really thought Booz could contribute this year and be a big part of getting to the tourney.