Little Haluska

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I followed Adam's career when for a few years in high school as well as college, and it seems like I've been paying attention to him in some capacity for 8 or 9 years now. I have nothing against him, I won't begrudge anybody for transferring. If you don't want to be here, I don't want you here, period.

Let it freaking go. I doubt he regrets his decision and I don't think he would have been a huge part of the offense in Morgan's scheme. I think he had more success in Alford's system and good for him because of that.

It was almost 4 years ago now that he left the team. Seriously, get over it people.

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
I don't know the kid personally, but from what I have seen on and off the court he does not have the same personality at all of Adam. Adam had no friends at ISU getting along with no one and really seemed to distance himself. Last year when watching Sean at the Capital City League he seemed much more social and was trying to get along with the current ISU players. But granted those included some that are now gone including CMAC, Jessan, Ross and Dodie who may be leaving also. Every kid is different and Adam's situation doesn't even relate. I am excited about Sean as I think he has a lot of talent and was surprised he didn't get a scholarship from Drake, UNI or any other lower level D1 schools!!!

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Knowing sean personally, I find it very offensive and rediculus that so many of you just cant get over things with Adam. Good greif he left under bad circumstances with Larry E. Adam has never said anything bad about this university and damnit he is a stand up man. Sean is a awesome guy who should get some minutes next year, considering hes versitile and can shoot anywhere on the court we are lucky to have him. I think its absolutely horrible that some are talking about him only coming because his girlfriend is here, he had offers to other schools but found this to be the right fit and infact McDermott offerd him a walk on position last year.

In my opinion everyone who cant get over themselves and are talking S*** about someone you dont even know is so rediculously stupid and petty. None of the Haluska's have done anything to you personally so get over it. Their dad is a awesome guy and a great principle who interacts with students very well.

For those of you who are supportive--- THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!! Sean is apart of the Cyclone family now and is coming here knowing that some people wont like him because of his last name....but yet he is here. Maybe you should respect him for that and quit sounding like a whole bunch of little high school girls rumoring and B****ing about someone you have never even met.

Those are my 2 cents

Oh don't let this get under your skin... The nature of this site is to discuss Cyclone athletics and vent glee as well as frustrations. Most of the people don't know any of the athletes personally and stories can get twisted into National Enquirer proportions quickly.

Glad to see Sean is on board. Hope he has better hair then Adam.:wink0st:

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Really, how many of you out there have a brother? I'm sure a lot of you (like me) are nothing like your brothers.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
It was almost 4 years ago now that he left the team. Seriously, get over it people.

"He's gone but he's not forgotten, Johnny Rotten, Johnny Rotten"....:wink0st:

Adam's situation is a little different than other high profile players who stiffed the ISU program (Raef Lafrentz, Kirk Hinrich, Glen Rice, etc.). #1) He actually played at ISU and left. #2) He left us for our hated cross-state arch-rivals. #3) He just finished his stellar career in 2006-07, so he's still fresh. #4) He stuck it to us pretty good in head-to-head games. #5) He was the type of player every program desires (entire player package plus academics) from a PR perspective. #6) We had to listen to our hawk brethren blather on that he left us for "the better program". I don't find it unusual at all that he's still a topic of conversation on Cyclone message boards! Analogy - He's the beautiful smart girl who broke your heart, dumped you and married a neanderthal you detested, and you'll always wonder what might have been... :laugh8kb:

Having said all this about Adam, I have no idea why it applies to his sibling who's walking on at ISU. If he's a player, I'm thrilled to death to have him and his surname means nothing to me!

dsouth

Nov 24, 2006
I wish sean the best at isu. as far as adam, the isu program was in turmoil with the coach eustacey situation and a badly botched coaching search. as i recall adam didn't say anything negative publicly. i don't hold anything against adam and wish him nothing but good luck. as far as their dad, he was heated and not kind in some of his comments but he was being protective of his son also. sorry for the babbling, but life is to short hold something against someone for things that in the grand scheme of things mean absolutely nothing. welcome to isu sean!

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
If Sean plays with as much heart and all out effort that he showed in the Capital City league games last Summer, I'll take him in a heartbeat. He was scrapper who hustled his butt off and at times got rebounds away from guys a lot taller then him....He will make us better and I say Welcome to ISU

What is all this talk about his brother Adam????? Adam who??

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
It's time to grow up, people. And I'm not talking about the hate toward Adam - that's an entirely different topic.

I'm referring to these childish and vulgar terms I'm reading in this thread. Please knock it off.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
It's time to grow up, people. And I'm not talking about the hate toward Adam - that's an entirely different topic.

I'm referring to these childish and vulgar terms I'm reading in this thread. Please knock it off.

OK, I'll bite........

I went back and re-read the whole thread and have seen maybe 1 word considered childish and/or vulgar and that would be the d-word up a few. What other terrible terms are you possilbly talking about?????

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
In my opinion everyone who cant get over themselves and are talking S*** about someone you dont even know is so rediculously stupid and petty. None of the Haluska's have done anything to you personally so get over it.

Actually Adam embarassed me in a 400 meter dash once. I have held a grudge since that day. Oh and Sean killed my dog........

J/K about the last one.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
As I said before, it is a bit weird, mainly because it hurt us that his brother left and etc. On the other hand, it may help heal some of the hard feelings from Cyclone fans. I mean, Sean could have walked on at Iowa or somewhere else, but chose to come here, despite what might be some difficult feelings with the fan base. That shows some guts.

I hope he has a great career with us.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Anyone who follows someone just to go to the same school they do is an idiot in the first place. If he came to ISU just because she's here, and they break up, I'll be the first to say "serves him right for not thinking about what's best for himself."

You're right if there is no way they'd go to that school otherwise. However, if he would consider ISU on its on, using the girlfriend as a deciding factor isn't a big deal. People use friends, location, campus, party school as factors in the college decision all the time. Its not like a beuatiful campus like ISU is going to make ISU a better place to learn. It would help the experience as a whole. I see no problem with the girlfriend being the deciding factor if he would consider the school anyway.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Has anyone ever watched him play down at Indian Hills? From what I've read down here in the Ottuwma Courier he seemed to have a pretty decent career but I don't know much.

Todd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Give this kid a break!!!
My brother and I are similar in some respects, but for the most part, are VERY different people. I would not want to be held responsible for his actions, why penalize this kid with his brother's history?