List of shows getting cancelled

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Companies have been getting around people not watching ads by using direct product placement. Go watch House of Cards on Netflix and see how many Apple products show up. That's not by accident.

You mean having a Subway restaurant in every TV show isn't by accident? Or actors showing off all the gadgets in cars, or the latest and greatest in windows computers being on shows?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Does the same company still own NBC and USA? Never understood why they didn't just take some of the best shows off USA and move them to NBC. Thinking Monk and Psych in the past but now shows like White Collar, Suits, Royal Pains, Graceland, Sirens. I watch them all and enjoy them a bunch

I think Monk did start on network TV and got moved to USA, due to viewership issues.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Wow, that's a long list of shows! I don't watch a lot of network tv, but it seems like there could only be about 3 or 4 non reality tv shows that are actually returning. I've never seen that show with Rebel Wilson, but less of her on tv is always a good thing. I think the only show on that list I had actually watched was Revolution. I watched about the first 4 episodes, but it was SO stupid. I like science fiction and fantasy, and have a pretty strong ability for suspension of disbelief, but that show was just too much.

The good TV sitcom is approaching extinction. While some shows are bad it's hard for a show to get a following when the first sign of bad ratings appear the network pulls the plug. I wonder what shows that had a long stint in 80's and 90's would have never made it in today's age of TV.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Kind of sad that Intelligence got the axe, because that show had a lot of potential, but I'm not surprised by it - the writing and sometimes the acting never came close to the potential the show had.

Meghan Ory can go back to playing Red on Once Upon A Time now.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
First time I really recall blantant advertising in a show or movie was Pepsi in Top Gun. The way they threw product placement in that movie was just hillarious. They did everything except have Tom Cruise do a direct spot in the middle of the movie

TopGunPick.jpg

They failed with me then. I never would have known that Pepsi... whatever it is... was in that scene, and I've watched that movie dozens of times.

RunDMCyclone

Jun 9, 2013
12 Grimmauld Place
Some of those shows looked so terrible before they even started airing...it makes you wonder what the pool of new TV shows is like if executives at those companies are signing off on airing these shows.

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
Growing up Fisher was pretty funny. The rest on that list I either hadn't heard of, or deserved getting canceled. If they could only cancel half of the police dramas on TV now. Most overrated genre ever.

Edit: just noticed the X Factor was canceled. Ha ha! I hate simon cowell. Anything that's bad news for him makes me happy.

Community was a good show, but has ran it's course. Shouldn't it have been over after two years anyway? Just sayin'.

Last edited: