List of shows getting cancelled

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Does the same company still own NBC and USA? Never understood why they didn't just take some of the best shows off USA and move them to NBC. Thinking Monk and Psych in the past but now shows like White Collar, Suits, Royal Pains, Graceland, Sirens. I watch them all and enjoy them a bunch

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I know the showrunners had the "Well show him attitude!" when Sheen left, but he really was that show. I think the network is somehow trying to prove he wasn't, but no one is buying it.
Even with Charlie it had gotten stale. It had become how douchey can we make Allan?

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I remember before I had kids when I used to care what was on TV. Besides watching sports, the TV is just another light source that seems to always be on......
You know TV is bad when a show that is only 4 years old is being heavily syndicated. (Modern Family)
I like that show but its almost over saturation now.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
when is Grey' Anatomy going to end? Tired of the mrs. sucking up DVR space for it.

Please, let's make this happen. Horrifying thing is that you know they'll have a separate spin off show for every single character on that monstrosity.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Revolution had a good initial premise, unfortunately the show had absolutely no direction. I don't think the story, if there actually is one, has progressed one inch this season. Every week just the same regurgitated crap.

As for the rest of those shows, I don't think I had even heard of about 50% of those and I don't believe I saw a single episode of any of them.

Maybe it had a good premise, but my God was that pilot terrible. I can't believe this show lasted two episodes, much less two full seasons. Good riddance.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I think I am the only person in America that liked The Neighbors and is willing to admit it. So stupid it was funny. Also made fun of its own impending cancellation. Also like Suburgatory at least the first season.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Not too upset about any of the cancellations. Hadn't seen an episode of most of them. There are a ton of shows ending next year so the networks better hope some of their pilots stick for this upcoming year. Their 2013/2014 crop was horrible for the most part.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
Why are we still using the same business model from the 1950s? Companies sponsor shows in return for showing advertising. Obviously advertising works or they wouldn't do it, but with modern equipment there is no reason to actually watch the ads, I know I don't. But the networks have to go by ratings to satisfy the sponsors, and the sponsor's patience is short. I don't know what a better model is, but there must be one.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Maybe it had a good premise, but my God was that pilot terrible. I can't believe this show lasted two episodes, much less two full seasons. Good riddance.

The premise of a world after a catastrophe is a good one but I didn't care for the way they went about it. The interesting part is watching the people survive without the technology they had become accustomed to. The far more interesting show would have been watching Miles and Monroe grow into powerful military leaders and their eventual falling out.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
Why are we still using the same business model from the 1950s? Companies sponsor shows in return for showing advertising. Obviously advertising works or they wouldn't do it, but with modern equipment there is no reason to actually watch the ads, I know I don't. But the networks have to go by ratings to satisfy the sponsors, and the sponsor's patience is short. I don't know what a better model is, but there must be one.

Companies have been getting around people not watching ads by using direct product placement. Go watch House of Cards on Netflix and see how many Apple products show up. That's not by accident.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
Companies have been getting around people not watching ads by using direct product placement. Go watch House of Cards on Netflix and see how many Apple products show up. That's not by accident.
I remember on the original Hawaii 5-O every car on the island was a Ford, except for the bad guys of course.

GMan

Jun 13, 2008
Minneapolis

Yeah, and I believe companies use metrics other than just ratings, such as Hulu views, to measure a show.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I remember on the original Hawaii 5-O every car on the island was a Ford, except for the bad guys of course.

Ford was all over Charlie's Angels too.

If you saw a blue Ford coming it was packed full of bad guys.

Thankfully Kate Jackson was never rear ended in that Pinto they stuck her in

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Wouldn't that just be making a show that is trying to be serious and realistic more serious and realistic? I mean, I doubt there are too many people walking up to Senators and VP's saying, "Dude, you got a Dell!".

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
when is Grey' Anatomy going to end? Tired of the mrs. sucking up DVR space for it.

This is another one on my list of incredibly stupid shows that is a bad soap opera at night. Someone is watching that crap, or it would not be on.

Even my wife has lost interest in the Bachelor / Bachelorette series. It is so orchestrated. There will always be a guy or gal that is a complete idiot that will keep getting a rose until they are down to 5 or 6, just so women will have someone to tune in and hate every week.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014

First time I really recall blantant advertising in a show or movie was Pepsi in Top Gun. The way they threw product placement in that movie was just hillarious. They did everything except have Tom Cruise do a direct spot in the middle of the movie

TopGunPick.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron