Liberty Bowl postgame thread

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
If we were playing an sec team we'd be more prepared which is pathetic. I guess we thought we were too good for the liberty bowl and Memphis and we got schooled.

Side note, sort of related but not really. Cancel all away games AT g5 teams. Are we really that poor we have to save a few pennies to play at Arkansas state and Tulane, which will undoubtedly be a sh*tty close games because apparently we're not up to the task. At Arkansas State? I mean what the f*** are we doing, and New Orleans in August or September won't be much nicer.... sorry tangent...

• Agree
Reactions: isu81

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
I kind of feel like a consequence of people saying "oh it's a bowl game, it doesn't matter if you get blown out" might be fewer fans continuing to show up, no? Paying to watch something you are told doesn't matter is gonna have diminishing returns.
No way we keep sending the number of fans we historically have if the coaching staff doesn’t give a rip about bowl games. Too bad.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
Felt like I was watching the Spring game

Reactions: Bob f

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Almost as embarrassing as the loss was CMC’s half time quote of them having an interim defensive coordinator so we couldn’t adequately prepare as we didn’t know what they would do. That’s a ******* pathetic excuse.

Yes, we’re a young team and there was growth this season, but it’s absolutely unacceptable for any Big 12 team to lose to G5 teams twice in a season.

I understand the excuse people say of - it doesn’t really matter, it’s basically an exhibition game. But recruits watch these games. Portal prospects watch these game. Possible donors watch these games. Possible season ticket buyers watch these games. Position coaches make career decisions partially based on a program building them up or embarrassing them.

Our recruiting has not taken the step it needs to take and our lack of ability to get needed positions via the Portal only further hurts those things in the future. If you’re a recruit prospect and you’re looking at what team can compete for a conference title, be competitive every game, and develop you for the future, games like this can cause serious pause.

The sky isn’t falling, but there has been zero momentum built off of the Fiesta Bowl season and games like today when the eyes are on you start to create narratives for opposing recruiters.

Last edited:

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Done being supportive and time to start pointing out the obvious flaws. Even though this is the peak of ISU FB history the product on the field still not good enough consistently. Leash should be short next season. Show us improvement. Losing to two G5 teams in a year should never be ok for a P5 program. 0 freaking yards against this Memphis defense should be unacceptable.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron