Lexi Donarski entering transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

undersized_post

Apr 18, 2021
Donarski is not going to Iowa.
a. Iowa already has 15 scholarship players on the roster for next year. Would be no space unless someone transfers out.
b. Even so, there would not be any backcourt minutes available. Clark will obvoiusly play as much as possible, plus Marshall and Martin coming back for their COVID years, plus competent backups at the 1/2/3 in Davis, McCabe, Affolter, and Wetering, plus Feuerbach coming back from her ACL, plus an incoming freshman PG.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Just saw on the recruiting thread that her sister was on the recruiting board. Any possibility that they're wanting to play together?
Then just come out and say that! That brings absolutely no harm to give that info. Then we can be a little happier about things.

Reactions: isufbcurt

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
This absolutely sucks but not that surprising. I feel like Bill never utilized her enough on offense and she always seemed frustrated with certain players taking all the shots. Also, I won’t say her name but I just played basketball with a now former player who said a lot of the players do not like Bill and if you aren’t the best player on the team he barely even cares about you. I’d say there’s definitely problems within the program. For Lexi to leave when she was going to potentially be the teams leading scorer next year is ALARMING to say the least.
She had the green light on every possession. Her reputation as an elite outside shooter has never materialized. There are definitely issues with BF, but I can't imagine Donarski going to a better situation as far as her role on the team.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
If you don’t think Fenn is going to try to pull a Bill Snyder and try to insert his son as his replacement. I want whatever you’re on.

Bill doesn't get any say in that and do you really think JP would follow through on that? All Jamie has to do is look East and see how well Iowa football is doing with their nepotism
From what I have been told he has wanted to retire but won't until JP agrees to hire Billy.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
She had the green light on every possession. Her reputation as an elite outside shooter has never materialized. There are definitely issues with BF, but I can't imagine Donarski going to a better situation as far as her role on the team.
She had the green light but they never really ran any offense to her and she never really got to play with the ball in her hands so I think she struggled to ever find her rhythm. Most of the offense was Ashley and Emily dribbling it around too much.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
From what I have been told he has wanted to retire but won't until JP agrees to hire Billy.
lol if that's true, and a big IF, that may be the dumbest logic ever.....so Bill resurrected a program from nothing and wants to turn it over to his son? Honestly, if I'm Billy, I wouldn't even want the pressure of living up to what my own dad accomplished

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
She had the green light but they never really ran any offense to her and she never really got to play with the ball in her hands so I think she struggled to ever find her rhythm. Most of the offense was Ashley and Emily dribbling it around too much.
Lol what? She had the ball in her hands a lot. One of our go-to sets was getting it to her at the top of the key and letting her drive.

I thought we developed her for the wrong role. She has the skills to be an offensive star, but instead we made her into a defender and slasher. Whether that was her choice or the staff's, it always felt like the wrong direction. She should've been a tall shooting guard, not a small forward.

Reactions: Statefan10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron