Lets not forget this when A$M comes to town

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
Words to remember when A$M rolls into town for homecoming.

Brent Zwerneman
Funny to me some say A&M to SEC is only about money. See the crowd & atmosphere last night at MSU? You don't get that at Iowa State. #mysa
55 seconds ago via web

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
It won't matter. Little Brent won't be at that game... he will be at home in the safety of his mom's basement with his mason jar and a few of his closest friends doing what Aggy does best. Marching and being extremely gay.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I'm going to guess that dude hasn't seen one second of football in Ames, in person or on television, in his life.

He has said that he has been in Ames multiple times. Only four years to choose from: 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2008. He graduated from Sam Houston State University (probably couldn't get into A&M, not that it's all that difficult) in 1994 so I'd doubt he was given the chance in 1996.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
49645dff-2158-4f3a-ad3e-7cafc02bf035.jpg

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
He's right. I'm sure when the BOR, AD, and President got together they didn't discuss how much $$ they were going to get or about how they wanted to stick it to UT. They were talking about how great the atmosphere is when LSU and MSU play each other and it doesn't match anything that B12 offers like the Red River shoot out or UT and A&M games.

Yes13

Oct 9, 2009
He has said that he has been in Ames multiple times. Only four years to choose from: 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2008. He graduated from Sam Houston State University (probably couldn't get into A&M, not that it's all that difficult) in 1994 so I'd doubt he was given the chance in 1996.
I had to sit near the visitors section for the 2004 game. That was terrible. We got killed, and I had to listen to cult aggy weird *** whooping and shooshing or what ever it was, then watch them copy their gay male cheerleaders every move. Imagine being next to that as a 13 year old. Before that game I liked them, cool Texas's second best college team. After being there for that game it blew my mind that any kid would want to play for those fans.

I almost don't want to go to the game, because I don't ever want to see their creepyness ever again.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Well, attendance last night for Miss. St v. LSU: 56,924
Attendance for ISU - Iowa last week: 56,085

Maybe it is kinda similar, or maybe those extra 900 people really changed the game. So, shut up brent.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I had to sit near the visitors section for the 2004 game. That was terrible. We got killed, and I had to listen to cult aggy weird *** whooping and shooshing or what ever it was, then watch them copy their gay male cheerleaders every move. Imagine being next to that as a 13 year old. Before that game I liked them, cool Texas's second best college team. After being there for that game it blew my mind that any kid would want to play for those fans.

I almost don't want to go to the game, because I don't ever want to see their creepyness ever again.

The experience is considerably worse when you're a lonely Cyclone fan surrounded by 70,000 Aggies at Kyle Field. The creepy factor really escalates.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
My dad grew up going to USC games as a kid and is still a very AVID and BIASED USC fan. First time he went to a game in Ames he was amazed at the amount of support and spirit Cyclone fans had, even with their past 2-10 record (This was 2009). He always enjoys the atmosphere before, during and even after the game and says it's one of the best around. Suck on that one Brent!

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Words to remember when A$M rolls into town for homecoming.

Brent Zwerneman
Funny to me some say A&M to SEC is only about money. See the crowd & atmosphere last night at MSU? You don't get that at Iowa State. #mysa
55 seconds ago via web

I'm sure it had nothing to with LSU being ranked #3 and being in the same division as MSU. Let me know what the atmosphere is like in Starkville when Vandy comes to town. Yeah, that's what I thought.

If A&M was a tenth of the program that LSU has been over the past 10 years, then maybe ISU fans would actually show up for that game.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
It won't matter. Little Brent won't be at that game... he will be at home in the safety of his mom's basement with his mason jar and a few of his closest friends doing what Aggy does best. Marching and being extremely gay.

lots of Mason Jars in the SEC.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Mississippi State is in the SEC?
Oh yeah, 2 or 3 years from now: Texas A&M is in the SEC? Oh yeah, that's right. One tends to forget about them.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I don't get why A&M is being so villified in all this. They're doing what's best for them. If they can get a better deal and put themselves in a better situation, however they define it, how can you blame them? Yes, the impact it has on the conference may suck for everyone else, but should A&M put everyone else's interests ahead of their own? Is it A&M's fault that the conference is in a position where if the Aggies leave the conference may be doomed?

Has anyone who's bagging on A&M never left a job for a better position somewhere else? You knew it would have a negative impact on your former employer, and that they'd probably be much better off if you stayed, but you left anyway because it was in your best interest.

I remember last year when Big 10 expansion was up in the air, there were a lot of threads on here about the possibility of ISU being asked to join. Most of them were with high hopes that ISU would get a Big 10 invitation. So why now is A&M so evil for doing something that most people on here were hoping ISU would have a chance at?

Makes little sense. I think Ken Starr and his attempts at clinging to A&M and forcing them to stay in a situation that they don't want to stay in are pretty pathetic.

Reactions: TxCycloneFan

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I don't get why A&M is being so villified in all this. They're doing what's best for them. If they can get a better deal and put themselves in a better situation, however they define it, how can you blame them? Yes, the impact it has on the conference may suck for everyone else, but should A&M put everyone else's interests ahead of their own? Is it A&M's fault that the conference is in a position where if the Aggies leave the conference may be doomed?

Has anyone who's bagging on A&M never left a job for a better position somewhere else? You knew it would have a negative impact on your former employer, and that they'd probably be much better off if you stayed, but you left anyway because it was in your best interest.

I remember last year when Big 10 expansion was up in the air, there were a lot of threads on here about the possibility of ISU being asked to join. Most of them were with high hopes that ISU would get a Big 10 invitation. So why now is A&M so evil for doing something that most people on here were hoping ISU would have a chance at?

Makes little sense. I think Ken Starr and his attempts at clinging to A&M and forcing them to stay in a situation that they don't want to stay in are pretty pathetic.

I think a lot of it is eATMe accepted a sweetheart deal just a few months ago to stay in the Big 12 and now they are leaving anyway.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron