Let's make Hilton like this again

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I blame the old people who sit on their hands.

Yes, there are a lot of old farts who get mad at people who stand and cheer.
I also blame these people. The solution I have suggested for years is that "standing encouraged" sections be created near the court for non-students who want to stand and cheer most of the game. Start with the sections right near the student sections. If demand becomes large enough, make it a sideline.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
actually...most of the blame can be placed on McDermott with a little on Morgan for killing Hilton magic.

It was alive under Morgan still.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8DCkDxR4uk&feature=related]MBB: Iowa State vs. Texas (2004) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I'll admit the one that kills it for me is the Westown Pub Jukebox pick of the week. The song is usually awful.

And I am about ready to start standing in the aisle at the end of the game like a bouncer (I have 1st row balcony seats on the aisle). I've had it with people leaving early. It's like: 'hey, they're playing the ISU Fight Song with 3 mins left in a close game that's my cue to leave so I can save 10 minutes in the parking lot.'

Amen the song at the ISU wbb game Sat. was Rockin Robin, Seriously a song from the 1950's lets make a lit bit more current please.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Not to start anything up again, but Cyclone Alley needs to go. Matching t-shirts are lame and overdone.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I think the magic will flash tomorrow night, as it will against Kansas and Baylor. We saw flashes last year (with Coach Orr) and we will see stronger flashes this year, and I am pretty sure Hilton Magic will be in full effect next year. I seriously believe Lucious, Babb, Clyburn, Niang, and White will have the power to bring Hilton Magic to a place it has never been before. As long as the smile cam gets taken down. Maybe get a noise type contest for the crowd involving everyone.Or we could just play sandstorm during every break...:jimlad:

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
I also blame these people. The solution I have suggested for years is that "standing encouraged" sections be created near the court for non-students who want to stand and cheer most of the game. Start with the sections right near the student sections. If demand becomes large enough, make it a sideline.

If you can force the students to give up their smart phones during the game, this could be doable. However, a lot of the students spend just as much time texting and surfing as the the old people do sitting on their hands.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Not to start anything up again, but Cyclone Alley needs to go. Matching t-shirts are lame and overdone.

Terrible idea. 1. They start promotions to get students into the building. 2. The athletic department had to seriously reduce ticket prices to get people in Hilton for the Texas game.

Students can rock the place, and it starts with Cyclone Alley getting students there.

As a final note, Cyclone Alley this year now requires students have their shirt with them to enter Cyclone Alley, but they do not have to wear the shirt.

C

CyBer

Terrible idea. 1. They start promotions to get students into the building. 2. The athletic department had to seriously reduce ticket prices to get people in Hilton for the Texas game.

Students can rock the place, and it starts with Cyclone Alley getting students there.

As a final note, Cyclone Alley this year now requires students have their shirt with them to enter Cyclone Alley, but they do not have to wear the shirt.

Wrong, they will kick you out if you aren't wearing it.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
If you can force the students to give up their smart phones during the game, this could be doable. However, a lot of the students spend just as much time texting and surfing as the the old people do sitting on their hands.

THIS! I am guilty of spending too much time on my phone or laptop at home, but I wouldn't dream of sitting on my phone during a game and I only graduated 3 years ago. Screaming your *** off >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Twittering as far as having fun at a game goes.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008

The football student section is 10x better than the basketball section. Cyclone Alley discourages students from showing up in my opinion.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
Winning+sandstorm-CA+student section behind the visitors bench again=epic win...unfortunately those seats arent going to be back in the students hand ever.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
THIS! I am guilty of spending too much time on my phone or laptop at home, but I wouldn't dream of sitting on my phone during a game and I only graduated 3 years ago. Screaming your *** off >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Twittering as far as having fun at a game goes.

I'll be honest, i'm guilty of following twitter during the games. There's usually some good posts from Williams, Blum, and some of the other media in attendance.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I'll be honest, i'm guilty of following twitter during the games. There's usually some good posts from Williams, Blum, and some of the other media in attendance.

Maybe it's just me, but I spend all week staring at a phone or computer screen. If I'm paying to go to a game and driving down to Ames, that's my mental health break from that ********.