Votes: 20 11.2%

Votes: 20 11.2%

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Not top 5

Votes: 37 20.8%

• Total voters

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
James was a different era than Jordan. Jordan got the luxury of 6 expansion teams watering down the league during his hey day. Jordan was a different era than Magic/Bird. Magic/Bird was a different era than Wilt thanks to the addition of the 3 point line in 79-80 and the addition of the blocked shots stat that would have shown Wilt to have been even more dominant than he gets credited for.

He was dominant and would have been great no matter when he played, but he also played in an era where a 7-footer was pretty rare, and a really talented one was even rarer. And the shorter guys that would get matched up against him today are much more athletic than the shorter guys he matched up against back then.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
LeBron was at Jordan level of greatness this year in the finals, but it's the first time I've seen it. I absolutely loved watching him reach that height the past three games, but for a career nobody who watched both or crunches the #s can go GOAT. It feels that way though because he's reached that sick filthy assassin level we all knew he could.

Career playoff #s:

23.9 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 5.8 assists, 1.5 steals, .8 blocks, .478 fg%
33.4 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 5.7 assists, 2.1 steals, .9 blocks, .503 fg%

Jordan's playoff scoring average, and really his entire career playoff line, is probably the most untouchable thing in basketball and one of the most in all of sports. His finals #s are even more gaudy, he averaged 41ppg for an entire finals once.

Im a bulls fan but probably should put shot attempts per game stat here. Lebron shares the ball more than jordan. Different styles of play

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I think many people are suffering from recent-itis. Throw out all the stats and go by your gut feeling. These past 3 games were the first time I've ever felt Lebron was really in championship mode. Even with his other finals win, it was really Dwyane Wade taking all the important shots in the game while he just stood back. He just never gave the impression that he would take over and do whatever he wanted before the last few nights.

With Jordan, Bird, Magic, and even Kobe, you just knew they were going to take over and they just had that killer instinct. They were not going to lose without going down swinging. Lebron never gave me that impression. He would just shrink and dissapear. Sure, the stats are great but he never came through when it mattered. He never (before these finals) gave you the impression that he was unstoppable and made you feel he had that moment when he would just turn it on and you just thought "it's over". He has one title where he has now done that.

All the other people we are comparing him to have multiple titles were they just absolutely dominated when it counted and got their team all the key shots to win their games. He still has some work to do before we can consider him top 3 even. For now, he just has some nice numbers and one title in which he was dominant for a stretch. Even Hakeem Olajuwon can claim the same.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I think many people are suffering from recent-itis. Throw out all the stats and go by your gut feeling. These past 3 games were the first time I've ever felt Lebron was really in championship mode. Even with his other finals win, it was really Dwyane Wade taking all the important shots in the game while he just stood back. He just never gave the impression that he would take over and do whatever he wanted before the last few nights.

With Jordan, Bird, Magic, and even Kobe, you just knew they were going to take over and they just had that killer instinct. They were not going to lose without going down swinging. Lebron never gave me that impression. He would just shrink and dissapear. Sure, the stats are great but he never came through when it mattered. He never (before these finals) gave you the impression that he was unstoppable and made you feel he had that moment when he would just turn it on and you just thought "it's over". He has one title where he has now done that.

All the other people we are comparing him to have multiple titles were they just absolutely dominated when it counted and got their team all the key shots to win their games. He still has some work to do before we can consider him top 3 even. For now, he just has some nice numbers and one title in which he was dominant for a stretch. Even Hakeem Olajuwon can claim the same.

I think he showed that in last year's finals, but last year it was literally just him against the Warriors and even a superhuman performance wasn't going to be enough.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Shaq would back Wilt's skinny *** down, knock him on his ***, then two hand slam it, all with a salami sandwich in his mouth while Nick Nolte and Aaron Carter laughed from the sideline.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Kids nowadays-LOL

attachment.php

Attachments

• (Wilt Lebron Scale).jpg
    (Wilt Lebron Scale).jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 153

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
Crazy Wilt stat. He once played an NBA season and sat out only 8 minutes of the whole year. He missed those because he was ejected from the game. Had that not happened he would have played every minute of every game.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Shaq would back Wilt's skinny *** down, knock him on his ***, then two hand slam it, all with a salami sandwich in his mouth while Nick Nolte and Aaron Carter laughed from the sideline.
Eh, OK. Wilt finished his career at 275 pounds and post career was working out with Arnold Schwarzenegger, who claims he could out lift anyone in any gym they were in and reported his bench press at over 500 pounds to go along with being an elite level track and field athlete through college. With today's workout tools, Wilt would have dominated today's game the same as he did when he played. Shaq's biggest workouts were carrying 5 dozen boxes of doughnuts at once.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I've only read through the first 7 pages, but I've read enough from Tuco about Wilt that I have to chime in. There were what, 10? 12? teams during Wilt's career. Also, the NBA, like everything those days, was still pretty segregated, so there were very few black players in the league. Furthermore, Wilt was significantly taller than pretty much everyone other than Russell. He had no competition for rebounds, and there was no one big enough other than Russell to defend him. Wilt was a great player but he simply wasn't going up against comparable opponents. If you are 7 feet tall you should easily be able to out-rebound guys who are 6, 7, 8 inches shorter than you.
Dude, let google be your friend. Do some research on the history of the sport. If you think that the NBA was still predominantly white in the late 60's/early 70s and that NBA centers were 6'4-6'6" then there really isn't much I can do to help you catch up until you educate yourself.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Shaq would then eat said lunch in front of Wilt while one hand dunking on him.
Shaq would eat his lunch and then have to sit out 24 games cause his fat ***** made his toe and back hurt. He was nice and fit his first three years and then got a big payday, got fat and played 70+ games just 4 of his last 16 seasons.

Last edited:

CtownCyclone

I got one more silver dollar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Eh, OK. Wilt finished his career at 275 pounds and post career was working out with Arnold Schwarzenegger, who claims he could out lift anyone in any gym they were in and reported his bench press at over 500 pounds to go along with being an elite level track and field athlete through college. With today's workout tools, Wilt would have dominated today's game the same as he did when he played. Shaq's biggest workouts were carrying 5 dozen boxes of doughnuts at once.

Are we talking about Bill Brasky here?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

This is true. Schwarznegger did say that Wilt was incredibly strong. He also said that Wilt was incredibly cheap and despite making more money than Arnold, Andre or anyone else at the table at the time he always seemed to disappear or fumble at his wallet when it was time to pick up the check.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
This is true. Schwarznegger did say that Wilt was incredibly strong. He also said that Wilt was incredibly cheap and despite making more money than Arnold, Andre or anyone else at the table at the time he always seemed to disappear or fumble at his wallet when it was time to pick up the check.
He's got to save his money for the ladies.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Don't look now, but somehow Tuco has again managed to make another thread be all about Kansas (in this case, one of their players). We always fall for his trap!