Votes: 20 11.2%

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Not top 5

Votes: 37 20.8%

• Total voters

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
if you dont think shaq is athletic, you never watched him in his prime. Wilt isnt even the 2nd best lakers center ever. Kareem is better than Wilt. Shaq is better than both of them.

Shaq is 7'1'' and 345 lbs. The guy could run the floor as good as any center. His footwork is legendary for a legit big man. His jumping ability, his speed, his quickness.......Not athletic, get the **** out.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
push come to shove, i pick jordan over bron, but to act like there's this enormous gap between them or that bron isn't an all-time great is flat out dumb

bron just played in his 7th straight finals

he's won a chip 3 of the last 5 years

he's never lost in the first round of the play offs

in 06-07 he went to the finals with the following team: Shannon Brown / Daniel Gibson / Drew Gooden / Larry Hughes / Zydrunas Ilgauskas / Damon Jones / Dwayne Jones / Donyell Marshall / Ira Newble / Aleksandar Pavlovic / Scott Pollard / Eric Snow / Anderson Verajao / David Wesley

he was 1st in every statistical category in these finals. 1st time in nba history that's been done

he just played in his 40th finals game. jordan played in 35 total. i have a feeling bron hasn't seen his last

he has 7 finals triple doubles, 1 shy of magic's record 8

what more do you want from this man? he just won a chip in cleveland. in CLEVELAND! after being down 3 games to 1 to the greatest regular season team ever

again.... jordan is probably the GOAT, but to read that some don't even consider bron to be an all-timer, let alone the best forward ever, is absolutely ludicrous

Yeah he's been awesome the last five Finals, it's funny that people all of a sudden say he finally has the "killer instinct" or looked like a champion or whatever. He had 37/12/4 in a Game 7 after putting up a triple double in Game 6 to beat the Spurs, he was dominant against OKC. He had one of the most efficient scoring Finals ever against the Spurs his last year in Miami and carried a totally depleted Cleveland team to a Game 6 in the Finals last year by his sheer force.

attachment.php

Jordan never let a Finals series get to a Game 7. That's what killer instinct is.

Attachments

• 3e9dea662d0c7e8db536bb1e0f9c3fe2d01f05720f058b0dbe9bd604aee0fe3d.jpg
    3e9dea662d0c7e8db536bb1e0f9c3fe2d01f05720f058b0dbe9bd604aee0fe3d.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 45

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I remember the "Greatest Ever" quitting against the Spurs and also having the announcers wonder if there was something wrong with him as he refused to shoot against the Mavericks in the finals.

Cyrok

Oct 14, 2009
DSM
Im a lakers fan and Im still upset at people knocking Bird. Not athletic.....lol. kk. Unstoppable aside from his back. Whenever I need a bball fix in the offseason I watch this. The guy is a magician. #startedwatchingbballin2005 #miamiheatfan #kdismyfavoriteplayer #dirkisjustlikebird #dannyaingedropsdimesonthereg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVSI1_eVuhs

Bird traveled at ~3:48. Whole highlight film is tainted.:jimlad:

Anyway, I while I was watching Bird's highlights, I had this thought: I would rather watch a random regular season game of Jordan in his prime than the highlight reel of any player.

I'm probably biased because I grew up watching Jordan (since WGN reached all the way to Ames). I watched a ton of Bulls games and Jordan was amazing even when he wasn't making highlight plays. Playing defense, rebounding, moving without the ball. Everything. He was so efficient with his moves. It was mf'in poetry. Perhaps the most incredible thing about him was how he established such high expectations and then consistently exceeded them.

Because of that, Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time.

And I'd say LeBron is tied with Bo Jackson as the greatest athlete of all time.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I guess making the finals so many times in a row in a weak conference and then winning less than half of those opportunities (while just outright looking like a deer in headlights in a couple of those or plainly quitting in others) is now considered greatness. Got it.

Look, I hate MJ. I really do. But he never took a backseat to anyone or visibly quit, like LeBron has done before. I'll give you that he has done great the past two seasons to turn that around, but do 2 years of high performance count as being one of the greatest? Then, Hakeem Olajuwon can claim that when he was unstoppable for two playoff runs. You guys are blinded by regular season stats, which deservedly make him a Hall of Famer already, but his postseason failures can't elevate him to best ever. He still has work to do for claims to "best ever".
None of my arguments are that Lebron is the best ever. I can see that MJ has that title and it would probably take Lebron winning 2 more Finals to even start that discussion. Lebron is #2 though, and I think there is a gap before you get to #3.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I remember the "Greatest Ever" quitting against the Spurs and also having the announcers wonder if there was something wrong with him as he refused to shoot against the Mavericks in the finals.

You also remember Wade hitting all the big shots for Miami during LeBron's time there, so I think we all know you're memory isn't real reliable.

LeBron was bad in the Finals against Dallas though, no one is arguing otherwise.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
lebron never lost in the 1st round of the playoffs. but mj's killer instinct....

I've never got the 6 for 6 part of the argument for Jordan. Having six Finals MVP's? Yeah that's about all you need on your resume to cement your status as greatest ever, but would he be remembered as a lesser player if he was 6/8? Is there any logic that it's more impressive to lose to Detroit in the ECF than the Lakers or Blazers in the Finals?

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
You also remember Wade hitting all the big shots for Miami during LeBron's time there, so I think we all know you're memory isn't real reliable.

LeBron was bad in the Finals against Dallas though, no one is arguing otherwise.
Quoting this post so that I can remember it later.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Jordan never MISSED the playoffs (well, except for with Washington at the end) like Lebron, but keep trying...
Jordans rookie year they were 38-44
Jordans 2nd year they were 30-52
Jordans 3rd year they were 40-42

in most years, you are probably missing the playoffs 2 out of those 3 seasons

Lebron has only had 1 losing season (the season he missed the playoffs while he was a rookie)

So while you think youre really making a great point, if you look at the facts, Jordans teams were not much better with him than without him at first. In fact, it took drafting Grant and Pippen to really see a change in record. Lebron however improved his team 17 games in his rookie season and that team succkkkkkeeeddddd.

If there is one thing I hate more than lebron fans its delusional Jordan fans that cant accept that someone else is good at basketball too.

Help Support Us

Become a patron