Lebron James

CyFever

Dec 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I have no idea where he'll go, but here is one of ESPN's Bill Simmons' thoughts on the subject. (emphasis added)

And here's where I really worry, because I don't think LeBron James has anyone in his life with enough juice to hurl his or her body in front of the concept of "I'm going to announce during a one-hour live show that I'm playing somewhere other than Cleveland." It's the best and worst thing about him -- he has remained fiercely loyal to his high school friends, but at the same time, he's surrounded by people his own age who don't stand up to him and don't know any better. Picking anyone other than Cleveland on this show would be the meanest thing any athlete has ever done to a city. But he might. Assuming he's not malicious, and that he's just a self-absorbed kid who apparently lost all perspective, that doesn't make him much different than most child stars who became famous before they could legally drink -- or, for that matter, Tiger Woods. That's just the way this stuff works. Too much, too fast, too soon. You don't lose your way all at once; just a little at a time. Then one day you look up and there's a TMZ photo spread with 15 of your mistresses, or you're agreeing to stab an entire city in the heart on a one-hour television show.

Sounds eerily familiar. Feeling for Cleveland in all of this.

CycloneGamecock

Apr 13, 2006
I have no idea where he'll go, but here is one of ESPN's Bill Simmons' thoughts on the subject. (emphasis added)

Sounds eerily familiar. Feeling for Cleveland in all of this.

I just read that and was going to post...I think Simmons needs introduced to Iowa State

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
LeBron has been getting SO MUCH attention on where he goes. Wherever he decides to sign, I'm waiting for him to say he's signing for one year to do this all over again next year.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
This is a joke ! ESPN said he was going to announce in the first 10 minutes of the show. It's been 19 minutes already. Probably people at ESPN are the biggest morons in terms of understanding the time concept

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Nope. Pretty legit complaint. The NBA is very boring 90% of the time.

Main reason college basketball is better than the NBA: 30 games instead of 82. When you play that many games, plus a potential 4-round playoff season with best-of-5 and -7 game sets, each game doesn't really mean anything by itself. Same with MLB; a team can lose a game and it doesn't matter that much. Of course it makes them a lot more money that way, but you don't have to live and die every day, which makes a huge chunk of the season BORING.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
This is a joke ! ESPN said he was going to announce in the first 10 minutes of the show. It's been 19 minutes already. Probably people at ESPN are the biggest morons in terms of understanding the time concept

Had to wait for his king water commercial to air

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009

Or everyone watching are suckers for believing it would actually happen that early.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
Main reason college basketball is better than the NBA: 30 games instead of 82. When you play that many games, plus a potential 4-round playoff season with best-of-5 and -7 game sets, each game doesn't really mean anything by itself. Same with MLB; a team can lose a game and it doesn't matter that much. Of course it makes them a lot more money that way, but you don't have to live and die every day, which makes a huge chunk of the season BORING.

Absolutely. Exactly what the Celtics did. They rested all season long because it didn't matter that much and turned it up in the playoffs.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron