LeBron James admits to smoking marijuana back in high school in new book

richey24

Jul 16, 2009
Ames
Re: LeBron James admits to smoking marijuana bach in high school in new book

A high school kid smoking pot? Unfathomable!

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006

So ... does he lose sponsors ala Michael Phelps?

My money says no.

sinbad

Feb 10, 2009

I still fail to see the big problem with people smoking marijuana recreationally.

richey24

Jul 16, 2009
Ames

So ... does he lose sponsors ala Michael Phelps?

My money says no.
It was stupid for Phelps to lose sponsors too, but Lebron didn't get caught smoking last week, it was high school, so no, no lost sponsors.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

I still fail to see the big problem with people smoking marijuana recreationally.

By law in most states it's still a criminal activity - that's the problem with it.

Whether it should be or not is an entirely different discussion (one that you'll likely find in the Cave).

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006

It was stupid for Phelps to lose sponsors too, but Lebron didn't get caught smoking last week, it was high school, so no, no lost sponsors.

I don't disagree on either point. But I'm not so sure the timing was the reason for dumping sponorships (although it clearly is a factor). It was more of "we don't want to be associated with such things" or "that isn't representative of our company" talk.

I was just pointing out there is certainly going to be a degree of hypocrisy in this. Most notably, Phelps is a swimmer and that works great for Wheaties and Visa. But LeBron being probably the greatest basketball player in the game right now - there is far, far more money to be lost.

Cycofan1

Jan 12, 2009

ROFL

450-elmo-rofl.gif

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO

for starters they can decriminalize the reefer so we (taxpayers) don't have to pay for all their legal fees when they get caught puffin and passin.

richey24

Jul 16, 2009
Ames

I don't disagree on either point. But I'm not so sure the timing was the reason for dumping sponorships (although it clearly is a factor). It was more of "we don't want to be associated with such things" or "that isn't representative of our company" talk.

I was just pointing out there is certainly going to be a degree of hypocrisy in this. Most notably, Phelps is a swimmer and that works great for Wheaties and Visa. But LeBron being probably the greatest basketball player in the game right now - there is far, far more money to be lost.
I understand, but there's still a difference between doing something in the present and doing something 5 years ago or whatever.

LeBron

Nov 12, 2008

So did Obama. I would say that 60-70% of all high school kids do pot before they graduate. This isn't big news. Now if someone took a picture of him doing it a couple days ago, that's a different story.....

Link doesn't work btw

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston

Him smoking weed is the reason he got dunked on... :jimlad:

Reactions: crucydr