Least favorite Professor

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
There is. She teaches accounting.

I had Pauline Hall. I had no problem with her. I thought the class was cake, though, so that could have contributed.

Am not in the fan club of Daniel Krier. I don't like it when my professor talks about God and Adam having homosexual anal sex to create Eve.
I thought that name sounded familiar :confused:

Didn't like Krier's methods of teaching because he tended to **** me off, but he was very knowledgeable, and class was interesting. The girl that sat in the front row of our Sociology 134 class with him in Curtiss perturbed me more than he did. I didn't like the whole God and Adam story, but some of the things he said made me really stop and think.

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Deb Atkinson, HS 215 i believe. It's basically a workout class and the only reason she is mentioned is because in her mid 40's she did everything with the class, had three classes a day and basically kicked my a$$ the whole sememster. In the end I did lose 3% body fat and was in better shape but still make a young guy feel good about himself.

Is it bad that I don't remember any prof's names? Seriously I think I can come up with at the most 4 or five from my time at Iowa State.

Reactions: Shoop

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I taught Math as a TA and a then a full-time instructor from '91 to '96 at ISU, so I better not see my name in this thread.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I taught Math as a TA and a then a full-time instructor from '91 to '96 at ISU, so I better not see my name in this thread.
Let me do some digging through the archives and see if I can come up with a math instructor at ISU that I didn't like at the ripe age of 2, who was probably TAing before I was even born. :biggrin:

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006

That's right... ClonFan65 in math (which class was that again?) - man did that suck :wink:

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
The professor I mentioned in the Favorite Professor thread takes the cake. Her name was Duffy, cannot recall her first name. I loathed that vertically challenged succubus. For the first and last time in my life, I had to chose to compromise my values and beliefs for the sake of decent grade in a class. I should not have had to do that.

I dated a girl who despised Duffy. Duffy told her that she must have a learning disorder. I have never seen a girl that close to going on a killing spree. I personally found it very humorous that she was told she had a learning disorder. I still to this day can't figure out why that relationship didn't work out??

Correction: I am speaking of Jan Duffy

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Didn't like Krier's methods of teaching because he tended to **** me off, but he was very knowledgeable, and class was interesting. The girl that sat in the front row of our Sociology 134 class with him in Curtiss perturbed me more than he did. I didn't like the whole God and Adam story, but some of the things he said made me really stop and think.

He made me stop and think sometimes, sure, but he was also very biased in his teachings. He didn't encourage dissenting opinions because he thought what came out of his mouth was the gospel.

When did you have him? I had a friend who had him the semester after me, and he told that same God/Adam story and a religious person got really upset and called him out, was reciting Bible verses, etc.

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
any first or second year science major will tell you sheldon shen's bio 212 class is aweful. since i am only thru with my first year, thats who i would say, but i hope they dont get any worse than him..

linkshero

May 22, 2008
Ames
The professor I mentioned in the Favorite Professor thread takes the cake. Her name was Duffy, cannot recall her first name. I loathed that vertically challenged succubus. For the first and last time in my life, I had to chose to compromise my values and beliefs for the sake of decent grade in a class. I should not have had to do that.

Was she the left wing Journalism proffessor? I had her, and although didn't like her personally, thought she was pretty good at what she did. She pulled two guys up in front of a class of 400 and busted them for plagiarism. The room was very quite, and most felt bad for the guys....copying work in a journalism class is about like dealing off the bottom of the deck in a room full of poker players.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Of all the bad profs I had this guy tops them all:

Anada Weerasinghe - math
DahiyaR6135.jpg

When the TA's are telling you not to work problems the way he is teaching them then you know he's got issues. The picture is priceless too...

One class some guys left about 10 minutes early and made barnyard noises on the way out. He spent the next few minutes lecturing us about how inconsiderate and disruptive that was and someone eventually pointed out that it was stupid to be telling us this when the guys that had done it had left the room. Another class he was wearing black pants and the hall our lecture was in had the old chalk boards. He must have had an itch on his butt or something because eventually the whole class was chuckling about the big chalk spot on one cheek of his pants.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Was she the left wing Journalism proffessor? I had her, and although didn't like her personally, thought she was pretty good at what she did. She pulled two guys up in front of a class of 400 and busted them for plagiarism. The room was very quite, and most felt bad for the guys....copying work in a journalism class is about like dealing off the bottom of the deck in a room full of poker players.

I took Poli Sci 310 back in the Spring of 1995...13 years ago, before posting her last name, I checked the Poli Sci website to verify she was no longer there. I am relatively sure she was a Political Science professor due to the subject matter and the depth in which we covered the subject. The class was good, her attitude towards the male students in the class and her blatant political lean that was forced on us is what offended me.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
He made me stop and think sometimes, sure, but he was also very biased in his teachings. He didn't encourage dissenting opinions because he thought what came out of his mouth was the gospel.

When did you have him? I had a friend who had him the semester after me, and he told that same God/Adam story and a religious person got really upset and called him out, was reciting Bible verses, etc.
Fall '07. We had a girl FLIP when he said that story. Watching people get angry, get up and leave was hilarious though. Class size decreased quickly and most of those people never showed up again.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Fall '07. We had a girl FLIP when he said that story. Watching people get angry, get up and leave was hilarious though. Class size decreased quickly and most of those people never showed up again.

Same time I took it.

Transient

Apr 17, 2008
I had a speech instructor at MCC that was the living epitome of Dr. Smith for Lost in Space. ICKY
I also had an Anal retentive hag for Chem 177 in 1989.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Does anyone remember Joel Moses? He would get this spit build up on his lip. It was disgusting.

j4state

May 21, 2006
Visit site
Roy Johnson mgmt 471, awful!

He would top my list by a long shot. He simply doesn't get it. Bad people skills and terrible organization. Half the time he would show up to class (late) and seem to not even know what he had in mind for the day. Year after year he gets pounded in the teacher evals and still holds a job. I don't get it.

BugDoc

Feb 6, 2007
Corvallis, OR
He would top my list by a long shot. He simply doesn't get it. Bad people skills and terrible organization. Half the time he would show up to class (late) and seem to not even know what he had in mind for the day. Year after year he gets pounded in the teacher evals and still holds a job. I don't get it.

Its called tenure.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
Richard Poist for a procurement class. The guy was very knowledgeable and a very nice guy, but so dry. I don't know if I made it through an entire class without nodding off.

I also had a digital design class (back when I thought I was smart enough to be a computer engineer) with a professor who was impossible to understand when he spoke. I do not remember the guys name, but he was foreign and I could understand about every 8th word. That was about the time I decided to head over to a business major.

Man, I'm getting old. I had **** Poist 11-12 years ago for TransLog (do they still require that class in the business school?)