Last 10 Games Predictions

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
With 10 games left in our schedule and a lot of tournament talk going on I thought now would be a good time to talk about how the rest of the regular season looks.
KSU- L (classic letdown game)
@Oklahoma-W
@OSU- L
Texas A&M- W
@Baylor- L
Oklahoma- W
TT- W
@KSU- L
@Missouri- L
Baylor- L
I have us going 4-6 the rest of the way for a regular season record of 19-12, 9-9. With that record we would need to win at least two games in the Big 12 tournament to make it.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
KSU- W (We own KSU.)
@Oklahoma-W
@OSU- W (It's what we do.)
Texas A&M- W
@Baylor- W
Oklahoma- W
TT- W
@KSU- W
@Missouri- W (Get revenge.)
Baylor- W

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
With 10 games left in our schedule and a lot of tournament talk going on I thought now would be a good time to talk about how the rest of the regular season looks.
@Oklahoma-W
@OSU- L
Texas A&M- W
@Baylor- L
Oklahoma- W
TT- W
@KSU- L
@Missouri- L
Baylor- L
I have us going 4-6 the rest of the way for a regular season record of 19-12, 9-9. With that record we would need to win at least two games in the Big 12 tournament to make it.

KSU-- Loss
@Okla-- Win
@OSU-- Close Win
AnM-- Win
@Baylor-- Loss
Oklahoma-- Win
TT--Win
@KSU-- Loss
@Mizzou-- Loss
Baylor-- Win

Somewhere between 6-4 and 5-5, placing us right on the bubble. A win or two in the conference tourney would really help.

DMICyclone

Oct 4, 2010
Ames
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU&ob=av3e]DJ Khaled "All I Do Is Win" feat. Ludacris, Rick Ross, T-Pain & Snoop Dogg / Victory In Stores Now - YouTube[/ame]

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
KSU- W (We own KSU.)
@Oklahoma-W
@OSU- W (It's what we do.)
Texas A&M- W
@Baylor- W
Oklahoma- W
TT- W
@KSU- W
@Missouri- W (Get revenge.)
Baylor- W
If that were to happen I think we'd be a 3 or 4 seed. I wouldn't mind that so much.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
KSU- W (by double digits)
@Oklahoma-W (barely hang on for win)
@OSU- W (surprinsingly win by more than we did at home)
Texas A&M- W
@Baylor- L
Oklahoma- W
TT- W
@KSU- L
@Missouri- L (horrible matchup for us
Baylor- W

12-6 in conference. 4 seed in tournament after we win 2 games in the Big 12 play

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
KSU- Toss up...Total trap game
@ OU L
@ OSU W (you can flip-flop OU and OSU, I think we split)
A&M W
@ Baylor L
OU W
TT W
@ KSU L
@ MU L
Baylor W

10-8 or 11-7 pending the KSU game tomorrow. If we finish 10-8 I think we will need the first round B12 tourney win to make the dance.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
KSU-- Loss
@Okla-- Win
@OSU-- Close Win
AnM-- Win
@Baylor-- Loss
Oklahoma-- Win
TT--Win
@KSU-- Loss
@Mizzou-- Loss
Baylor-- Win

Somewhere between 6-4 and 5-5, placing us right on the bubble. A win or two in the conference tourney would really help.
The "swing" games will really determine if we make the tournament or not. I'm talking about at home against KSU, @OSU, and at home against Baylor. If we got 2 out of those 3 I like our chances. We can't afford to lose @Oklahoma, A&M, Oklahoma, or Texas Tech.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
We need to win all of the remaining home games. We should be able to do it since we normally play really well at home against Baylor. Regardless, we need to take care of business at home and win 2-3/5 road games would make us lock for NCAA birth.

Nihawk

Nov 3, 2009
Protect home court and win one on road and Clones should be a lock with 11-7 conf. record.
10-8 would be bubble.

CloneJob

Jan 10, 2009
Ankeny
I think we get 5 of 10.. may need to surprise a couple teams if we lose the must win home games. It should fall...

K-State W
@OK L
@OK State W
Texas AM W
@Baylor L
OK W
TT W
@K State L
@MIZ L
Baylor L

I see a lot of different ways to get 5 wins out of that list... and can also see them giving up 5. I would love to see them beat Baylor at Hilton.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I've said all along we should be aiming to go 2-1 in each 3-game set. So far we have done that, and tomorrows game will close out the 3rd 3-game set, where we are currently 1-1. We need to beat KSU, mainly because I think we lose alot of credibility if we beat KU at home, and then turnaround and lose to KSU. Close game tomorrow, but I think ISU pulls it off in the final seconds.

@ OU L
@ OSU W
A&M W
(I think we will split the two Oklahoma road games and should beat aTm at home. Should be able to go 2-1)

@ Baylor L
OU W
TT W
(Baylor is on a Monday night with a very short turnaround after playing aTm. This will hurt us especially playing them for the first time on the road. Next two at home should be wins, we go 2-1)

@ KSU L
@ MU L
Baylor W
(This is the big one, and IMO, winning just one of these game would be good. It at the end of the season, so hopefully we are playing our best ball. I see us going 1-2 here).

I see us finishing conference play at 11-7 with an overall record of 21-10 going into the Big 12 Tourney. I think the magic number for ISU is 22 wins...we get there and we go to the NCAA Tourney. 20 or 21 wins puts us on the bubble. We will probably need to take one game in the Big 12 Tourney to get to 22, and at this point I would be surprised if we were not in that 4/5 match-up, probably with Kansas State. Tuesdays game is pretty big as I think we will see a lot on Kansas State this year. Need to start off with them on the right foot!

Last edited:

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I think it's possible to win out :yes:

BUT probably more probable that we drop @Baylor, @Mizzery and one of the K-State Games. Wouldn't be surprised about OSU either.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Sorry to be crusty about this again, but people continue to tack on wins in the conference tournament — while also predicting ISU goes 1-5 vs. KSU, BU and Missouri in regular season.

If ISU looks like fifth or sixth place, it's possible the matchup would be (4) KSU or (3) Baylor in Round 1, then KU or Missouri. If ISU gets swept by KSU and BU, we'll somehow be able to beat them in the conference tournament, just because it's the tournament?

Take care of business in the regular season.

cyclone22

Sep 14, 2011
Ames, IA
@Oklahoma-W
@OSU- L
Texas A&M- W
@Baylor- L
Oklahoma- W
TT- W
@KSU- L
@Missouri- L
Baylor- L

No offense but these predictions really suck as.s. So we're going to win all the games we are favored in and lose all the games we are not favored in. Why not just have a computer make the picks?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron