Larry alone atop C-USA

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Why is the guy without a soul still speaking? Does a man without a soul have any credibility?

I guess he and a bunch others,like you, still pines for Larry to come back and coach:twitcy:

BTW, didn't Gene hire Larry right before he took off to Ohio St, so when Bruce took over it all went down hill from there. It's usually not easy for most coaches to work for the guy who didn't hire them....

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
The day Fred (or any other coach) takes us to our next Elite 8, I will call Larry the second greatest mens basketball coach to have ever coached at ISU.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
According to Iowa courts online, Paul Rhoads got a speeding ticket 2 weeks ago. Should we fire him for breaking the law? We fired LE even though he did not break the law.
Surely Rhoads' blatant disregard for the law and for public safety justifies a firing.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
According to Iowa courts online, Paul Rhoads got a speeding ticket 2 weeks ago. Should we fire him for breaking the law? We fired LE even though he did not break the law.
Surely Rhoads' blatant disregard for the law and for public safety justifies a firing.
I sure as hell wouldn't give Rhoads a ticket. Who's the dumb *** officer that did this?

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I sure as hell wouldn't give Rhoads a ticket. Who's the dumb *** officer that did this?

If I told you were are all related to CPR would you still give us all tickets when you're older.:twitcy:

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
The day Fred (or any other coach) takes us to our next Elite 8, I will call Larry the second greatest mens basketball coach to have ever coached at ISU.

Just a winning record for you?

For me there's a lot of things that make up a good collegiate coach: things like personal conduct, treating others with respect and dignity, honesty, graduation and academic achievement of the student-athletes and representing the University are right up there with winning. Otherwise I'd have more interest in the NBA.....just my opinion and I admit it's totally diff from you and the majority of the fraternity members here.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
Just a winning record for you?

For me there's a lot of things that make up a good collegiate coach: things like personal conduct, treating others with respect and dignity, honesty, graduation and academic achievement of the student-athletes and representing the University are right up there with winning.
Otherwise I'd have more interest in the NBA.....just my opinion and I admit it's totally diff from you and the majority of the fraternity members here.
How's the moral high road treating you?:jimlad:

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
I would never have thought that Iowa State, Fred Hoiberg, Larry Eustachy, Southern Miss, Greg McDermott and Creighton University could all get their act together.

I guess fit matters.

Reactions: ISU_phoria

LZclone

Oct 2, 2008
Mahomet IL via Laurens IA
Lemme git dis straight, you think President Geffroy's quote, at the press conference, about "integrity, honesty and treating people with respect" is BullS? LOL

......, did you get a 'General Studies' degee at Iowa?

In English please....

no I don't think it is BS, but I do think some ****** bag using it as their signature on a message board is BS!

I usually don't look to a low point to 'highlight', but then again I am not a moron.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
In English please....

no I don't think it is BS, but I do think some ****** bag using it as their signature on a message board is BS!

I usually don't look to a low point to 'highlight', but then again I am not a moron.

Some "******bag"...."moron'? Excuse me?

I'm proud of my school a President like Geffroy who took a stand. I've been using it for all this time and gonna keep it that way.

Have a great day, let's beat the 'Pokes this week.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
BVD was a horrid AD and a fool to be kind. That said, he did not let Larry down. It wasn't his responsibility to help Larry. Larry let himself down, and what happened to him is entirely his fault and no one else's and I am sure LE would agree with that. No one forced him to make terrible decisions, he did it. Personally I would have liked to keep him but Larry needed a new start and he is doing fine now and that is what matters.

cyeah

May 23, 2006
Houston, TX
Curious, why didn't Larry & Bruce get along? Different agendas, personalities didn't go together, jealousy? I was always curious about that.

Bruce was a socially awkward loser who didn't know how to deal with people.

Larry was arrogant and impatient.

This is pretty close. Bruce was an odd duck. He went to our church and even coming and going from church he would not make eye contact with others and exchange any type of greeting. I mean how uncomfortable around people do you have to be to not say hello at church?

I guess he and a bunch others,like you, still pines for Larry to come back and coach:twitcy:

BTW, didn't Gene hire Larry right before he took off to Ohio St, so when Bruce took over it all went down hill from there. It's usually not easy for most coaches to work for the guy who didn't hire them....

I am not sure who is pining for Larry to come back and coach. I am pretty sure every cyclone is thrilled with our current coach.

Yes Gene hired Larry and that does add to the friction, but there was more to it than that.

I liked Gene as an AD. Totally opposite form Bruce. Hell, if I saw Gene at Hy-vee I would sometimes go down a different aisle just to avoid him because he could and would talk forever to anyone. Several times I would get home from HV and my wife would ask what took so long and I would just have to say Gene Smith and she would get it.

BVD was a horrid AD and a fool to be kind. That said, he did not let Larry down. It wasn't his responsibility to help Larry. Larry let himself down, and what happened to him is entirely his fault and no one else's and I am sure LE would agree with that. No one forced him to make terrible decisions, he did it. Personally I would have liked to keep him but Larry needed a new start and he is doing fine now and that is what matters.

I agree Bruce was a horrid AD. He was not being kind as you put it. He was letting line run out to let Larry hang himself while at the same time putting ISU and its brand in pretty serious danger. That is the part I blame Bruce for, not the drinking and partying that is clearly at Larry's feet. Bruce could have and should have stopped this much earlier at a much lower risk to ISU but chose not to in hopes it turned out the way it did.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
I would never have thought that Iowa State, Fred Hoiberg, Larry Eustachy, Southern Miss, Greg McDermott and Creighton University could all get their act together.

I guess fit matters.

Get back to us when his son leaves....my guess his coaching ability will go back down the pooper.

Help Support Us

Become a patron