Lard charged with possession of drug paraphernalia in February.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Surprised KCCI and WHO didn't dedicate their entire first segment at 6 and 10 to this story. Keith Murphy and Andy Garmin could wrap it up by looking solemnly in the camera and imploring the Regents, Governor and Legislature to shut down the entire athletic department at ISU.

Probably needs a sit down interview with John Sears so he can get to heart of Cam’s illegal terror supporting kids ODing opioid gateway drug problem.

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Legal or not legal, If he was smoking dope in season, he doesn't have a full commitment to the program. No excuse for what he did. Straighten things and learn from it I hope

What about alcohol? Does drinking during the season mean they aren't fully committed?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Legal or not legal, If he was smoking dope in season, he doesn't have a full commitment to the program. No excuse for what he did. Straighten things and learn from it I hope

This is so overly simplistic. As an adult male who never had the opportunity to play Division 1 basketball, that's an easy sentiment. You think you'd never do anything to jeopardize your spot within the program. That's all fine-and-dandy for a middle-aged man sitting behind a keyboard.

However, this is an 18 year old kid. It's a kid who is hundreds of miles away from home dealing with the rigors of school and basketball. It's a kid who is dealing with the pressure of being scrutinized publicly by thousands of people. There are many kids who experiment with things in college without the stressors of being a Division 1 athlete. So to characterize some very minor marijuana use as lacking a "full commitment to the program" is incredible short-sighted.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Again, if this means they aren't committed, idk if we have ever had a fully committed basketball team at any point in time. Some of our best players over the past few years have been smokers or had smoked.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Why punish him for improving his basketball skills? As someone that played at a decent level I can confirm through personal experience that weed both increases creativity and court awareness. And although I can’t scientifically verify I don’t think someone that has never been truly high before can actually enter “the zone”.

Yeah, I know you’re not a NFL guy, but Leveon Bell didn’t develop that unique style by being sober.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

SimpsonClone

Feb 7, 2014
Randy is so full of ****. I loved this line, "Lard wasn’t charged with smoking pot."

Yeah no ****, Sherlock. Because it isn't illegal to smoke pot. It is illegal to possess it.

Reactions: isutrevman

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Randy is so full of ****. I loved this line, "Lard wasn’t charged with smoking pot."

Yeah no ****, Sherlock. Because it isn't illegal to smoke pot. It is illegal to possess it.

So burning it up should be okay.

Time to decriminalize marijuana at the Federal Level.

Reactions: SimpsonClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron